7/30/06 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Ozzie use a magic 8 ball to make his lineups. Last year Timo at 1st, now he has an obsession with a corner OF in center.

Only a tard keeps putting a corner OF out in center. Thank god Everett is off the team, or Ozzie would have him stumbling and bumbling out in CF.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 11:30 AM)
Kenny is fishing insane if he doesnt make another move. Barry Zito should be priority # 1 for the next 12 hours or so....

Zito would be a great addition, but for what price? And i doubt he's make that move unless he could unload Garcia or Vazquez

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
If a Brady Clark type player is not on this team come tomorrow, I'm going to be pissed. There's 1 major league CF on the roster and 1 major League LF, oddly enough the LF is Mackowiak.

Kalapse, dont you love how the baseball gods work. No matter what you do, when you start a player out of position the ball finds him.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 01:32 PM)
You guys are acting like this hasn't happened before. Does anyone remember the last 2 games, where the Orioles jumped out to early leads just to blow them?

I'm not concerned about this game, I think we will come back. I am concerned for the stretch run. The fact is now we have 1 day left to upgrade this starting rotation, and if Kenny thinks there is no need to address our starting pitching situation, then this could be a VERY long last 2 months.

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 06:33 PM)
All of us need to shutup about chris young, most people thought it was a decent-to fair trade when it happened. Certainly not a "terrible trade" when it happened so there is no reason to beach about the guy we lost

There were plenty of people who HATED the trade.

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:33 PM)
All of us need to shutup about chris young, most people thought it was a decent-to fair trade when it happened. Certainly not a "terrible trade" when it happened so there is no reason to beach about the guy we lost

I never thought that. Does that mean I can beach about it? It was an unneeded trade when it first happened, and its turned into a horrible trade.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 06:34 PM)
Kalapse, dont you love how the baseball gods work. No matter what you do, when you start a player out of position the ball finds him.

This is the first game where it's really burned us though, so I'll give Ozzie the benefit of the doubt.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
This is the first game where it's really burned us though, so I'll give Ozzie the benefit of the doubt.

You are forgetting the Boston series when a ball that Mack should of caught landed between he and Cintron and that lead to a rally.

This lineup sucks today.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 06:36 PM)
You are forgetting the Boston series when a ball that Mack should of caught landed between he and Cintron and that lead to a rally.

This lineup sucks today.

You should know me well enough that I was being completely sarcastic. It seems like every game Mackowiak's in CF, something bad happens.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)

This lineup sucks today.

I'm rather certain that fathom was being incredibly sarcastic there.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)

It is crazy. I've gotta say this is one of the most confusing seasons the Sox have ever had. Garcia has lost all kinds of velocity and no one in the organization has addressed this with the public, Mark Buehrle suddenly sucks, Podsednik has actually gotten worse in LF, the Sox replace Widger with a player who is actually worse in Alomar and for whatever reason Ozzie/KW continue to trot a 3B/RF out to CF twice a week.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 06:38 PM)
Pk looks like he is not seeing the ball very well right now

He looks stiff at the plate. When he sees a low pitch, he's not getting down far enough to hit it squarely. And then, he's jumping at the high pitch. He'll be fine...but we need his bat to heat up again.