Sox @ KC - 8/1 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 10:14 PM)
I am not able to watch the game because of WCIU and I have not been paying attention, but am I reading the box score right? Alomar with 2 RBI? What a great game - I hate WCIU

Yep, RBI double that missed being a 2 run homer by about 3 feet, and then a clutch 2 out single which gave us a 4-2 lead in the 7th.

what's to give away? you can't do much to "guard" it if they hit the ball :-/

Should have explained it better ... after putting it on twice you lose the element of surprise, might be a good idea to put something else on. But you're right about them being unable to guard if it's executed properly, although they can position defensively a little different if they know it's coming.

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 10:12 PM)
Just something to watch, boston has varitek on 15 DL, nixon out 3 weeks, wakefield able to come off 15 DL but they didn't activate him, lester not pitching as well. They still have many weapons but maybe they fall a little here. Also the liriano report today. Some good things today if we pull this out

Not to throw any water on your fire, but Thome has back spasms and Konerko is getting x-rayed. That would trump any problems the Red Sox are having if those 2 aren't near 100% for a while.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)
It took two batters to realize Ruffcorn sucked. Anyone else remember that early Saturday game in Cleveland?

Yes I do, and it was pure sarcasm. The Scott Ruffcorn hype made me laugh since it was so obvious he sucked, and I was like 9 years old (if that) when he first came up.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
Not to throw any water on your fire, but Thome has back spasms and Konerko is getting x-rayed. That would trump any problems the Red Sox are having if those 2 aren't near 100% for a while.

Jurassic is available.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 10:16 PM)

Thanks for the info about the white sox, I don't follow them much

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 03:16 AM)
Yes I do, and it was pure sarcasm. The Scott Ruffcorn hype made me laugh since it was so obvious he sucked, and I was like 9 years old (if that) when he first came up.

Oh trust me, I sensed the sarcasm.