I can't take this anymore....

whitesoxfan101

Why the hell wasn't MB kicking the crap out of some water cooler in the dugout? He got s***ty calls in his last inning but he should have left the game with only three earned runs. It didn't even seem to phase him that he got fricked over half a dozen times in that last inning. Instead he balks. The guy has no passion. In fact this whole team seems to have lost its fight. They better shake that crap or they will not see the post season.

That is one of the problems with this entire team. They don't have the fire and the hunger they had last year. They won their championship and now they are playing and acting like they are fat and happy. Losing close games is ok this year. They take it in stride. And Ozzie LETS them take it in stride. He is supposed to be good at keeping this team in the right frame of mind. He's supposed to be the great motivator. When is he going to light a fire under this team. They needed it a month ago. Instead, he's letting them sleepwalk their way through the second half of the season. They are going to sleepwalk right into some October golfing.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)
You know expectations are high on here when almost every game has someone say how it was the most frustrating game of the year.

You know its sad when fathom takes words right out of my mouth (or hands, whatever it is on the internet).

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
Feel free to add this too:

The Sox are done, finished, finito. The starting pitchers can't pitch, period and Ozzie has shown himself to be a horrible manager. He can't handle a pitching staff to save his life. With starting pitchers like this and a horrible manager like Ozzie, this team has ZERO chance of making it to the postseason. - August 7, 2006

don't flatter yourself newbie

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
Tomorrow will be a tough game for the Sox. Wang has his sinker going now, and it's going to be difficult for us to hit a lot of homers. We're not going to win if we have to get 3 hits in an inning to score a single run.

No we will win tomorrow. I will be at the game, if we don't s*** is gonna fly. :angry: :bringit

The pink fuzzy bunnies response to should of Ozzie pulled Buerhle.

Rongey "Well if you have to give up this game, to get Buerhle pitching, you do that. It could be a huge inning for the rest of the season for Mark if he got out of it. Who says bmac comes in and gets out of it."

Sorry PFB, we dont have the luxury of just throwing games away with a wildcard fight going on. This is not the time to cater to a SPs ego. We needed to win this game. And we needed to win more games.

You have to look at the big picture. With 24 games in 24 days, it's going to be awfully easy to wear out a bullpen. Hopefully the Sox will come out of this stretch no worse than a game or two behind in the WC race, but have a rested pen. If they have a game or two lead after this stretch, but their pen is in tatters, they'll be toast down the stretch.

Alright, now that we've blamed Ozzie for losing a game for the 40th time this year, anybody gonna give any credit to Escobar? He made our guys look pretty silly and stupid tonight.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
The pink fuzzy bunnies response to should of Ozzie pulled Buerhle.

Rongey "Well if you have to give up this game, to get Buerhle pitching, you do that. It could be a huge inning for the rest of the season for Mark if he got out of it. Who says bmac comes in and gets out of it."

Sorry PFB, we dont have the luxury of just throwing games away with a wildcard fight going on. This is not the time to cater to a SPs ego. We needed to win this game. And we needed to win more games.

Honestly, why do you listen to the guy if you have that big a problem with him?

Our pitching is mediocre to crap this year.

We're gonna have to deal with it.

It's still baseball and it's still fun to watch.

We should consider shutting down some of these pitchers like Mark

if indeed their arms are toast from overwork last year.

Now all of a sudden we suck at home which is not good news

for our wild card hopes.

By the way your statement, "Ozzie has shown himself to be a horrible manager"

is complete bulls***.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
No we will win tomorrow. I will be at the game, if we don't s*** is gonna fly. :angry: :bringit

I'll be at the game tomorrow too. But I'll be wearing something besides my Buehrle jersey. I'm embarrassed to wear that right now.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:30 PM)
I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear a Buehrle jersey. Not after last year.

I just want him to be shut down if his arm is toast.

Start anew with him next year.

The way he has pitched, I'm now not totally convinced they will pick up his 9.5 million dollar option. If he continues to pitch like he has since June, he ain't worth 4 million.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:31 PM)
The way he has pitched, I'm now not totally convinced they will pick up his 9.5 million dollar option. If he continues to pitch like he has since June, he ain't worth 4 million.

That's ridiculous. 5 1/2 years > 5 or 6 bad starts

Mark isn't the first good pitcher in history to go into a slump.

Haha, just saw the highlights on CSN, and Mark Buehrle looked absolutely f***ing terrible, oh man. I laughed really hard seeing him pitch in the 7th. He looked like a f***ing train wreck. And all three of those homers were on absolutely terrible pitches. Buehrle is toast, wow.

Now I don't know who I want to see sit more, Buehrle or Garcia.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:38 PM)
Haha, just saw the highlights on CSN, and Mark Buehrle looked absolutely f***ing terrible, oh man. I laughed really hard seeing him pitch in the 7th. He looked like a f***ing train wreck. And all three of those homers were on absolutely terrible pitches. Buehrle is toast, wow.

Now I don't know who I want to see sit more, Buehrle or Garcia.

Um, other than 3 bad change-ups, Mark looked fine. He got screwed over big-time in the 7th.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)
That's ridiculous. 5 1/2 years > 5 or 6 bad starts

Mark isn't the first good pitcher in history to go into a slump.

Okay, and what if it is his arm just going dead? You think its worth 9.5 million to have a starter in 2007 with an ERA of 11?