Game Thread 8/8/06 Sox-Yanks

Jake

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 12:20 AM)
Pods and his lack of wheels gets tossed at third. Nice hit, dumb running.

It was a nice hit, but he has to stop watching the ball as he rounds the bases. He never seems to round the bases well, and his speed is diminished due to that.

anyone have Wang's home and away splits? I think he pitches real well at one place and average at the other...

OK, Hawk needs to give up blaming the umpire now, it was a blown call, but Pods should have never gone, blame lays with him IMO

Here we go with the Umpires are against us s***. Hawk give it up or retire. I dont want to constantly listen to how the league, umpires etc are out to get us. Pods should of stopped at 2nd with the thumpers behind us.

1-2-3 inning because our team is dumb.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 07:22 PM)
Anyone want to bet that the double by Podsednik is the last hit we get today?

That would make me happy, maybe that would finally change something..

Then again, I know it won't.

Homerun time, hope Thome, Paulie and Dye feel like hitting 6 today, cause thats the only way we're winning.

Sinkerballer too, going to be tough.

Bash me all you want but I wouldn'd be sad if Guillen wasn't around next year. I find him to be completely useless as a manager. Preaches pitching and defense yet keeps sending out an inept backup out to CF while we have one of the best defensive CFs in the game and he hasn't learned one thing from mismanaging the pitching staff for 4 months.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 12:23 AM)
Here we go with the Umpires are against us s***. Hawk give it up or retire. I dont want to constantly listen to how the league, umpires etc are out to get us. Pods should of stopped at 2nd with the thumpers behind us.

1-2-3 inning because our team is dumb.

They didn't even give a very good view of the play at third. He very well could have been out. The throw beat him, which makes the call go more in favor of the Yanks. At least Iguchi looked good in trying to get him over. :P

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 12:23 AM)
Scotty getting thrown out....

Isnt it ironic, Dont you Think?

We've been aggressive at the wrong times lately, and not aggressive when we should be. It's just one of those things where it seems you can't do anything right.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 07:23 PM)
Bash me all you want but I wouldn'd be sad if Guillen wasn't around next year. I find him to be completely useless as a manager. Preaches pitching and defense yet keeps sending out an inept backup out to CF while we have one of the best defensive CFs in the game and he hasn't learned one thing from mismanaging the pitching staff for 4 months.

I am finally over the Ozzie Guillen Craze. If he stays next year, I will be highly disappointed. The guy flat out can't manage. Period. Nothing he does is above average. Who's available though? Razor Shines?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
Hawk...

IT'S NOT THE UMPS FAULT THAT PODSEDNIK IS A f***ING DUMBASS.

I never played baseball past pinto, and even I f***ING KNOW YOU CAN NEVER MAKE THE FIRST OUT AT THIRD. IT SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THAT CLOSE!!!!

Agreed. I f***in' hate Hawk now. That kind of stuff makes me cringe more than anything.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
Anderson hit Silva pretty well and he was a sinkerballer, but I forget the young buck needs his rest.

Must be nice for Brian to sit there knowing he has hit almost all his HRs and RBIs at USCF as he watches Rob misplay the ball left and right.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 12:24 AM)
Hawk...

IT'S NOT THE UMPS FAULT THAT PODSEDNIK IS A f***ING DUMBASS.

I never played baseball past pinto, and even I f***ING KNOW YOU CAN NEVER MAKE THE FIRST OUT AT THIRD. IT SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THAT CLOSE!!!!

Am I the only one that saw him not round first base very well, and he was watching the ball far too much?

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 05:23 PM)

I think it's worse than that. Last year, Ozzie's act kept all of the focus on him, instead of the team. This year, Ozzie's act seems to be getting to them. He can't keep them fired up, the trade deadline rolls around and they all lose focus...it's just like they've been in a daze for a month now.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 07:25 PM)
I am finally over the Ozzie Guillen Craze. If he stays next year, I will be highly disappointed. The guy flat out can't manage. Period. Nothing he does is above average. Who's available though? Razor Shines?

thats overeacting if you ask me

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)

You better hope he quits or says something stupid, because he won't be fired no matter what he does on the field.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 07:26 PM)
You better hope he quits or says something stupid, because he won't be fired no matter what he does on the field.

Completely agreed. I am actually hoping Moronatti sticks his head in our business again, and its very likely. Whats worse than calling some a f**... anyone know any racial slurs against whatever Mariotti is? Please don't post here, just e-mail them to Ozzie.