8-10 Game Thread

GoRowand33

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 04:25 AM)
You know what's funny, the Twins were shut out by Ted Lilly, Boston was swept in KC and we are going toe to toe with the hottest team in baseball right now. For some reason the results of this game are meaningless to me. Javier showed some balls as did McCarthy.

We are best team in the wild card race.

I actually understand what you're saying...but you have to win games though. We're in a situation where we can't be paper champions anymore. Good post though.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:25 PM)
You know what's funny, the Twins were shut out by Ted Lilly, Boston was swept in KC and we are going toe to toe with the hottest team in baseball right now. For some reason the results of this game are meaningless to me. Javier showed some balls as did McCarthy.

That's just silly. It matters, believe me it matters.

Proctor has thrown like 200 innings in like 100 appearances out of their pen. Ok not that much, but his workload for a bullpen guy has been obnoxious.

Thome hits into a 4-6 fielders choice. Good hustle to avoid the double play at least. And more grass on the way towards 2nd base is killed by Jim *sighs*.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 04:26 AM)
Proctor has thrown like 200 innings in like 100 appearances out of their pen. Ok not that much, but his workload for a bullpen guy has been obnoxious.

Thome hits into a 4-6 fielders choice. Good hustle to avoid the double play at least. And more grass on the way towards 2nd base is killed by Jim *sighs*.

Who's killed more grass tonight? Jim Thome or Freddy Garcia?

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:25 PM)

I guess what I've noticed is that teams seem very hot when they're playing us. Boston looked like the best team in baseball before the All-Star break. Detroit looked awfully good in that series up there. The Twins -- well, we saw how that went. Either we're very unlucky to draw these teams when they're on fire, or they simply give us their best because we're the champs. In fact, I think it may be a little of both, actually.