8-10 Game Thread

GoRowand33

might as well start it up for tonights game

it's not a must win game as many people on this board seem to think, but it would be a really nice boost heading to the detroit series for the weekend

Javvy needs to prove that saturday wasn't a fluke and the hitting needs to keep it up

:gosox1:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Vazquez will make a lot of amends with me if he pitches well tonight. Another mediocre start by him in a big game, and I think it will be pretty obvious what he really is. Mussina has had a good year, but he can be had, and the White Sox do have a nice offense. This is a big game, the Sox don't want to fall to 1-3 on the homestand with the Tigers coming in. A win here, and a nice weekend could be the beginning of a nice streak. Prove me wrong Javy and step up and shut the Yankees down.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 03:18 AM)
might as well start it up for tonights game

it's not a must win game as many people on this board seem to think, but it would be a really nice boost heading to the detroit series for the weekend

Javvy needs to prove that saturday wasn't a fluke and the hitting needs to keep it up

:gosox1:

At what point do games start becoming must-wins? Is it after we find ourselves in a race with 3 other teams for 2 playoff spots? Or when we find ourselves in second place for the WC?

Yeah, I'd say it's a must-win game. We're going to have to keep winning every series to make the playoffs.

We're 1-4 against the Yankees this year.

We're now falling behind in the Wild Card, and we're several games behind the Yankees as well.

We've got the Tigers this weekend, who were beaten last night by the Twins. It'd be nice to have momentum against them.

This is the definition of a must win game.

Javier Vazquez can forgive a lot of ills by repeating his Toronto performance tonight.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 10:40 AM)

We're now falling behind in the Wild Card, and we're several games behind the Yankees as well.

We've got the Tigers this weekend, who were beaten last night by the Twins. It'd be nice to have momentum against them.

This is the definition of a must win game.

Javier Vazquez can forgive a lot of ills by repeating his Toronto performance tonight.

It sure is. Don't fool yourself into thinking it isn't.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 03:40 PM)

Don't forget the Twins start a 4 game series against Toronto, and they won't be facing Halladay. If we struggle this wknd, we could easily find ourselves 3 games back.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 08:52 AM)
It seems like we've heard the phrase "must-win game" 10 times this season...

When you don't win the games you're supposed to win, you wind up with more games you can't afford to lose. The Tigers don't have many Must-win games right now.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 08:40 AM)

yeah, a whopping 1/2 game back in the WC (tied in the loss column) and a staggering 2 behind the yankees.

this is not a must win game. It would be better to win than lose, but the Sox are not going to go 50-0 in their remaining 50 games. I know, this may come as a let down. But win 2 of 3 and you'll have won 4 straight three game series. I'll take that pace with a seven or eight game win streak mixed in.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 07:52 PM)
I'll be in section 542, row 5 tonight. Anyone else going can feel free to stop by and have a beer with the Sqwert.

you people in chicago are f***in lucky.... not becuase you get to have beer with sqwert necessarly... because you get to go see the sox play all the freakin time!

gGAH