8/12 @ 12:20 PM Game Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
Yep, his stuff is very impressive. We just need him to stay healthy.

Hopefully, that's up to Cooper now. Mechanics, mechanics, mechanics. Do have to note that Cooper's pitchers seem to have a pretty decent record of staying healthy over the last few years, except for the guys who are already injured when he gets them (El Duque, Hermanson).

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 07:23 PM)
i guess they must have been talking about him on TV. i remember hawk talking about him being able to drive a golf ball 400yds. that's insane.

He can dunk a basketball, and he kicked a 50 yard field goal at Ford Field.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 07:23 PM)
Hopefully, that's up to Cooper now. Mechanics, mechanics, mechanics. Do have to note that Cooper's pitchers seem to have a pretty decent record of staying healthy over the last few years, except for the guys who are already injured when he gets them (El Duque, Hermanson).

While I agree with this, some guys just put to much torque/stress on their elbow and shoulder. It will be interesting to see how he pitches for us. I wouldn't mind if we only use him once a series.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
i guess they must have been talking about him on TV. i remember hawk talking about him being able to drive a golf ball 400yds. that's insane.

happygilmore.jpg

That's nothing.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
The potential for sickness is there, they just need to be more consistent. Neal Cotts needs to get better and so does Riske, but stuff wise there is no better back-end of a bullpen.

If healthy and productive these guys (Thorty, Mac, Jenksy) can be the Nasty Boys Version Deux and than some.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 02:24 PM)
Wow, our pen is sick.

KW put a lot of thought and work into constructing that pen. That's what pisses me off the most when Oz sticks with his starters too long; what's the point of KW crafting that pen if Oz refuses to use it.

Hopefully today is a sign that Oz finally understands that it's alright to the turn the ball over to the pen before your SP gets in any trouble.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 07:25 PM)
Thus far I think this is what Kenny is hoping we can do a lot more often with our pen. Of course we still need Big Bad Bobby to come in and do his thing for an inning.

And of course, you can only do what we're trying to do with our pen if you get good starting pitching.