8/12 @ 1:05 PM Game Thread

GoRowand33

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:29 PM)
We have a bullpen that should have everyone available besides MacDougal. This is one of the biggest games for the Sox all season, as it would rejuvenate them in regards to the AL Central.

I agree, this is like a playoff game. I'd have a short leash with Freddy today

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
I'm confident Garland can go 7 innings today. We have 3 relievers in McCarthy, Cotts, and Riske that can go 2 innings if we need them to. If Garcia gets in trouble in the 5th inning, I hope Ozzie isn't afraid to pull him.

what about garland? or do you mean garcia

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:32 PM)
I'm confident Garland can go 7 innings tomorrow. We have 3 relievers in McCarthy, Cotts, and Riske that can go 2 innings if we need them to. When Garcia gets in trouble in the 5th inning, I hope Ozzie isn't afraid to pull him.

fyp

QUOTE(Reddy @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:34 PM)
whats the point of trying to steal there?

Its real simple...your leadoff hitter is down 0-2 so you send your guy, if he gets into 2nd great, you got a shot, if he doens't, you start the next inning with your leadoff hitter having a fresh count.

Any good manager would do that and its a real simple thing in baseball, kind of like running with a full count and 2 outs.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:34 PM)
whats the point of trying to steal there?

Gets Podsednik out of an 0-2 hole if it fails, and gets an RISP if it succeeds. With the count on Podsednik the risk of being thrown out is at least reduced.

Seriously though, I think Dye had a SB a few games ago, and Podsednik had one last weekend, when's the last time we were successful in stealing a base other than those?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
Its real simple...your leadoff hitter is down 0-2 so you send your guy, if he gets into 2nd great, you got a shot, if he doens't, you start the next inning with your leadoff hitter having a fresh count.

Any good manager would do that and its a real simple thing in baseball, kind of like running with a full count and 2 outs.

Yeah, Pods was dead with that count anyways.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
NEVER make the last out of an inning stealing.

actually i think the opposite is posted on the wall of the clubhouse this morning, new team rule in effect.

amazed that you hadnt heard yet.