Dye, Sweeney and Mackowiak

bigredrudy

I do not believe Dye will be resigned after next year. There is one condition and that is if Sweeney shows he can do the job. I believe Sweeney will get that chance next year and will either be the extra outfielder or the regular left fielder. If Sweeney is the extra outfielder he will play a lot-just like Mac is doing this year. I believe Mac will be a platoon leftfielder and will be the leadoff man. Mac is a hustler, plays good defense in the corners and has a strong arm. From the box to first Mac may get there quicker than Pods. And Mac appears to be a hard nosed player and he has power. I don't think either Fields or Sweeney will be traded. These are the only real position prospects the Sox have. KW has said he wanta at least one player from the farm system to join the Sox every year. I dont think it is an accident that Sweeney has played all the outfield positions this year and he has started leading off. I think this is all done by design. It is possible that a trade will be made and that could change the picture. Someone has suggested Crisp but Crisp has an arm like Podsednik. And he has been disruptive in the Boston clubhouse. Crawford is just a pipe dream. Getting back to Dye, he will command a salary of between 10-12 million per year and length of contract could be an issue. This willo be Dye's last big contract and he may be more difficult than Sox fans think. and Dye is slowing down. I could not believe he was thrown out by Guillen.

QUOTE(bigredrudy @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 02:10 PM)
I do not believe Dye will be resigned after next year. There is one condition and that is if Sweeney shows he can do the job. I believe Sweeney will get that chance next year and will either be the extra outfielder or the regular left fielder. If Sweeney is the extra outfielder he will play a lot-just like Mac is doing this year. I believe Mac will be a platoon leftfielder and will be the leadoff man. Mac is a hustler, plays good defense in the corners and has a strong arm. From the box to first Mac may get there quicker than Pods. And Mac appears to be a hard nosed player and he has power. I don't think either Fields or Sweeney will be traded. These are the only real position prospects the Sox have. KW has said he wanta at least one player from the farm system to join the Sox every year. I dont think it is an accident that Sweeney has played all the outfield positions this year and he has started leading off. I think this is all done by design. It is possible that a trade will be made and that could change the picture. Someone has suggested Crisp but Crisp has an arm like Podsednik. And he has been disruptive in the Boston clubhouse. Crawford is just a pipe dream. Getting back to Dye, he will command a salary of between 10-12 million per year and length of contract could be an issue. This willo be Dye's last big contract and he may be more difficult than Sox fans think. and Dye is slowing down. I could not believe he was thrown out by Guillen.

After next year, Dye will probably have to extend his career at DH or 1B. He's been looking a bit slow in RF.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 03:57 PM)
think he has 16 right now

http://minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/st...&pid=435220

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
No, he's at 12, and if thats "approaching" 20 homeruns, then Scott Podsednik is approaching 10.

That being said, he does have 4 this month, which is an improvement

So we are talking about letting go our potential MVP this year for some pie in the sky prospect whom we hope will hit 20 Hr's this year? Didn't anderson hit 20 Hr's in the minors last year. That is certainly transitioning well isn't it? i think if the sox want to win the world series they won't be playing sweeney regulary anytime soon. Lets rebuild when our pitchers leave. I truly don't beleive we can win the world series with sweeney, andersen and fields in the outfield unless of course your talking about the 2012 world series.

When the rebuilding comes the fans will leave.

QUOTE(quickman @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 07:14 PM)
So we are talking about letting go our potential MVP this year for some pie in the sky prospect whom we hope will hit 20 Hr's this year? Didn't anderson hit 20 Hr's in the minors last year. That is certainly transitioning well isn't it? i think if the sox want to win the world series they won't be playing sweeney regulary anytime soon. Lets rebuild when our pitchers leave. I truly don't beleive we can win the world series with sweeney, andersen and fields in the outfield unless of course your talking about the 2012 world series.

Well, first of all, no 'we' aren't. Second of all, the one poster that suggested it said "I do not believe Dye will be resigned after next year".

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 06:22 PM)
Well, first of all, no 'we' aren't. Second of all, the one poster that suggested it said "I do not believe Dye will be resigned after next year".

he might be right, if Dye gets injured he won't be resigned. Then if we have as good as pitching as whats on paper now, we will get a free agent or trade for someone. Sweeney might actually be part of that trade! thats if KW wants to win.

QUOTE(quickman @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)

You, of course are keeping Dye next year as you have an option on his for 6 million. I am not advocating letting him go in 2007 I am talking about 2008 and beyond. I do not think the White Sox budget will allow you to resign Buehrle, Crede, Dye and Iguchi. What if Dye wants a 4 year deal for 50 million. Right now he is a better player than Konerko. I just think the Sox might balk. Dye will be playing for cheap money next year but in 2008 he will want to be paid like the other big names on the Sox.

QUOTE(bigredrudy @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 06:30 PM)
You, of course are keeping Dye next year as you have an option on his for 6 million. I am not advocating letting him go in 2007 I am talking about 2008 and beyond. I do not think the White Sox budget will allow you to resign Buehrle, Crede, Dye and Iguchi. What if Dye wants a 4 year deal for 50 million. Right now he is a better player than Konerko. I just think the Sox might balk. Dye will be playing for cheap money next year but in 2008 he will want to be paid like the other big names on the Sox.

i see, well that clears it up, but I will add, I think the sox budget will increase next year as well, as attendance is terrific. Now i agree they may not choose to resign in 2008 but if they don't I think they will go and get a real player to replace him, if they want to contend. if they want to rebuild then maybe sweeney comes if he is not traded by then. All good specualtion but KW likes to trade his system as much as I do and the sox minor league players take a long time to contribute consistantly. personally Mcarthy still has not proven to me he is an ace in the making. i think he is good but nothing great.