Pay Back Time at the Tinky Winky Dome

The Ginger Kid

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)
He got him to pop it up. Ozzie did the job. Cotts did the job. I don't think any pitcher is good enough to direct where weak little pop ups go to.

Guys who have been as hot as Morneau have been get hits like that. Frank Thomas probably has at least 10 extra points on his career batting average with little dinks that fell within 2 feet of the RF line. Don't pitch to the hottest hitter in baseball and let him beat you.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 02:33 AM)
Just reminding you of last year. Thought I remember seeing you say it wouldn't happen again. It isn't worth coming much anymore really. That's why all of the really good posters don't come to the game threads anymore. It's just a big whine fest from 5-year olds.

what defines a really good poster??? the ones who keep drinking the koolaid until its too late?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 02:33 AM)
Just reminding you of last year. Thought I remember seeing you say it wouldn't happen again. It isn't worth coming much anymore really. That's why all of the really good posters don't come to the game threads anymore. It's just a big whine fest from 5-year olds.

Really good posters = optimistic posters that agree with what you say?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 08:33 PM)

cry me a river.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)
Really good posters = optimistic posters that agree with what you say?

No, many of them were not very optimistic at all. They just didn't whine every 3 seconds when something went wrong like a 5-year old.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 09:33 PM)
It's not really even close. He's on an amazing stretch. Name someone who's been better? He's an RBI machine.

Last 7 games:

.273 average, 1 HR, 3 RBIs, OPS of .792.

If he is the best player is baseball now, the game is in trouble.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 09:33 PM)

Sorry we miss you in the gamethreads giving us such wisdom like Buerhle is better than Santana.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
Last 7 games:

It's no use my friend. No use at all. They see only what they want to.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
Sorry we miss you in the gamethreads giving us such wisdom like Buerhle is better than Santana.

One, I never said it like that. Nice try. I said he was better up to that point in the year, which he was. That's all you've got?

Two, how's Bobby Jenks doing this year?

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 02:35 AM)
Last 7 games:

And how about before the last 7 games? He has about 21 homers and 70 RBI in his last 260+ ABs.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 02:37 AM)

One, I never said it like that. Nice try. I said he was better up to that point in the year, which he was. That's all you've got?

May I add Pods is a better leadoff hitter than Sizemore, and Garcia means to throw a high curve? :P

We're polar opposites though, so I'm not arguing anymore with you tonight.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
Last 7 games:

Or the guy who hit .364 in June, .410 in July and .288 in August with 17 rbi so far. If Jermaine Dye is an under the radar MVP candidate, so is this guy.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)

Jenks isn't doing too bad, although he hasn't been lights out lately.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 02:38 AM)
Or the guy who hit .364 in June, .410 in July and .288 in August with 17 rbi so far. If Jermaine Dye is an under the radar MVP candidate, so is this guy.

Dye only has 2 homers and 2 RBI coming into tonight's game, so he's not very good. Also, Ortiz only has one homer in his last 9 games or so. I guess it means he's not a power threat.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
May I add Pods is a better leadoff hitter than Sizemore, and Garcia means to throw a high curve? :P

We're polar opposites though, so I'm not arguing anymore with you tonight.

LOL. Let's not bring out all of the stupid stuff we've said. It would take me the rest of the night to compile for you.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 02:39 AM)
Jenks isn't doing too bad, although he hasn't been lights out lately.

And our biggest concern was his weight. His velocity has been down in the last few months, and I wonder if he'd be more consistent with his arm strength if he was in better condition?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 02:40 AM)
LOL. Let's not bring out all of the stupid stuff we've said. It would take me the rest of the night to compile for you.

Always have to try and get the last word in, don't you? :P

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
And our biggest concern was his weight. His velocity has been down in the last few months, and I wonder if he'd be more consistent with his arm strength if he was in better condition?

actually, jenks looks like he's in fairly good condition

edit: good condition for him

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 09:39 PM)
7 games, lol

He said "right now". How far back is "right now"? Morneau is having a good all around season, but is no means near the best player in baseball right now.

Would be funny to see what people post if Anderson dives and makes the catch.

"Nice pitch Neal", etc...

Overall, doesn't seem like we are gonna score more than 3. We come back to tie or take the lead and Freddy gave it right back. Freddy isn't a big game pitcher, he just says he is.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 02:42 AM)
He said "right now". How far back is "right now"? Morneau is having a good all around season, but is no means near the best player in baseball right now.

Would be funny to see what people post if Anderson dives and makes the catch.

"Nice pitch Neal", etc...

Overall, doesn't seem like we are gonna score more than 3. We come back to tie or take the lead and Freddy gave it right back. Freddy isn't a big game pitcher, he just says he is.

Even before the Morneau hit, we were saying it was the wrong call. Morneau might be the toughest out in baseball over the last 3 months. I simply can't believe Ozzie put him in a position to break open this game.