White Sox vs Twins 1:10 pm CSN

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 01:13 PM)
I'm just praying our offense can get SOMETHING going in the next 3 innings.

But according to Freddy, Javy "kept us in the game, the offense has to score runs"

:ph34r:

The only one that stands out in my mind that they didnt win was against Detroit.....

You better pray a ton

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
Whats Santana's pitch count at? Of course the bullpen isn't much fun either.

He is at 91....yea, you're right...their bullpen is tough no doubt.

Well there is a bit of good news in today's situation...Texas got down 6-0 in the 2nd inning, but has just finished off their 7-6 comeback win. VERY NICE JOB by Texas to keep us 5.5 out of this thing.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
I think I may boo Vazquez or Garcia the next time I'm at a game one of them starts. They really deserve it.

Any team with Javier Vazquez should never have a "Grinders" commercial play. As we've talked about before, if we keep mailing in games against Santana, it's going to be difficult for us to make the playoffs. At this point and time, this Twins team is superior to us. Let's hope some other teams can defeat them in the next 35 games or so.

After Javy blew up for 4 runs someone said they now expected Santana to not give up another hit the rest of the game....He's pretty much doing it now. Pathetic performance, but Detroit is scuffling as well....should be an interesting week.

Of course, the Twins play against (oh now), the Orioles and won't get Bedard (pitched -not well-today). I expect the Twins to at least take 2 of 3 from the Birds.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 03:19 PM)
Any team with Javier Vazquez should never have a "Grinders" commercial play. As we've talked about before, if we keep mailing in games against Santana, it's going to be difficult for us to make the playoffs. At this point and time, this Twins team is superior to us. Let's hope some other teams can defeat them in the next 35 games or so.

Vazquez seems to single-handedly prevent this team from going on an extended streak.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
I guess it puts things into perspective. Seems like we have been a last place team since we played Detroit, and were going to go up to Detroit the same place as when they left.

But the Sox should be a couple games closer. It's nice not to lose ground, but it would help to gain ground.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 01:20 PM)
After Javy blew up for 4 runs someone said they now expected Santana to not give up another hit the rest of the game....He's pretty much doing it now. Pathetic performance, but Detroit is scuffling as well....should be an interesting week.

Of course, the Twins play against (oh now), the Orioles and won't get Bedard (pitched -not well-today). I expect the Twins to at least take 2 of 3 from the Birds.

Baltimore's been raking lately, it wont be that easy for Minny. I hope

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)
Something like, "According to Ozzie, here comes Nick 'Ty Cobb' Punto."

According to the Twins broadcast, that's who Ozzie compared him to...and it didn't seem like a joke.