Game thread Sox(73-50) at Detroit(79-45)

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 06:31 PM)
This is making me sick...

Ain't much of a game. Too bad Jose didn't have his "A" game going. Man, I'm praying to God this isn't the start of what the Yankees did to the Dead Sox. I have no idea WTF I would do or say if that were to happen.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 05:32 PM)
I do not like where this team is headed right now.

Looks like their heading right into the dump....Our starting pitchers have lost velocity, and our power hitters cant hit Hr's.....This is bad

QUOTE(GOD @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
Let's be honest here. KW made too many moves and ruined a team that had good chemistry, played fundamentally sound, and had a good attitude. Oh and di I mention we won the f...ing World Series. He should've never messed with a good thing.

Last year's offense+this year's pitching=the 03 Tigers

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
looks like the Tigers hitters figured out how to hit our starters, take 2 strikes than swing at the meatball coming after that.

Remember when Contreras was an ace.

Keep throwing away to the tigers on 2 strikes. Our team doesnt scout at all.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:28 PM)
I still have hope that Garcia to the Mets will happen in the next 10 days.

Too late for any such deal, and a subsequent move for McCarthy into the rotation.

That opportunity was squandered around the trading deadline. Terrible decision by management. We'll regret it during the offseason when either injury issues are disclosed, or his value sinks even further than now.

It honestly annoys me we never seem to be in a good position concerning the value of our players. Beane, for all the criticism I've layed upon him, has mastered this concept. With our rotation at its peak, just off a World Series victory, Garland or Garcia would have been ideal candidates for a trade. Especially when you consider McCarthy's availability.