Sox @ Detroit

Heads22

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 11:35 PM)
Funny thing is with these Tiger fans, you couldn't get a person to admit they were a Tiger fan last season...

Who cares? It's not like we don't have our fair share of bandwagoners also.

Well done Oz!

Seriously. I am SICK of all the umpire complaints.

Most fans just react emotionally whenver a close call doesn't go for their team. That's pretty much what is happening here. The ump has a small strike zone for both pitchers. The problem is that Buehrle can't do well when there is a small strike zone, no matter how consistent it is.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)
Most fans just react emotionally whenver a close call doesn't go for their team. That's pretty much what is happening here. The ump has a small strike zone for both pitchers. The problem is that Buehrle can't do well when there is a small strike zone, no matter how consistent it is.

Rogers has had at least 2 low strikes called for him that MB couldn't get. That's the problem, yes it's been a small zone, but it's been smaller for Buerhle.

Iassogna is a f***ing pansy

What kind of f***ing pussy walks away from an argument and then continues to chirp from 20 feet away? f***ing b****

Umpires are supposed to walk away from arguments. And the ump's "chirping" was in response to the comments Ozzie made as he was walking off the first time.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 06:36 PM)
Iassogna is a f***ing pansy

What kind of f***ing pussy walks away from an argument and then continues to chirp from 20 feet away? f***ing b****

I was thinking the same thing. How do you, as an ump, stand there and bait the guy you just tossed. What a f***ing douchebag.

Ozzie was right in going out there and going ballistic, this strike zone has been f***ed up all game so far.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 06:38 PM)
Umpires are supposed to walk away from arguments. And the ump's "chirping" was in response to the comments Ozzie made as he was walking off the first time.

After you f***ing walk away you are done, you cannot stand there and talk more s***, he was unprovoked.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:39 PM)
Thank you, Hawk Harrelson.

Since I'm watching the Detroit broadcast so I don't know what Hawk is saying. But if you think I'm being a homer for finding fault with the umps zone, then you have no clue.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
Point being? He took an outside pitch and hit it far enough to be a HR at most any park.

Just that he's hit about 6 balls in the last 3 weeks to the warning track. We've been discussing this in these threads, and we've talked about whether or not he's tired. Please don't take it as me complaining about that out. It was one of the best swings we've had against Rogers in years.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)
Yeah, he was unprovoked except for all of the b****ing Ozzie was continuing to do.

That is why while Ozzie was in the middle of talking with the other ump he started to walk over towards Iassogna again? They even showed him standing there yelling some s***.

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 06:41 PM)
Since I'm watching the Detroit broadcast so I don't know what Hawk is saying. But if you think I'm being a homer for finding fault with the umps zone, then you have no clue.

the umps have sucked so far.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 04:41 PM)
Just that he's hit about 6 balls in the last 3 weeks to the warning track. We've been discussing this in these threads, and we've talked about whether or not he's tired. Please don't take it as me complaining about that out. It was one of the best swings we've had against Rogers in years.

Gotcha, I took it as a complaint and I had no idea how anyone could complain with that swing.

Oh, thankfully BA is in CF because that ball was crushed and he gets it (mack doesn't). Any other park and its gone.