Sox @ Detroit

Heads22

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
Mark is settling in nice, but it's going to take a lot of help to score 2 runs on Rogers. We simply can't touch soft tossing lefties other than that bizarre explosion against Redman last week.

Jinxed it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 06:53 PM)
Meatball after meatball by Buehrle. Does Buehrle ever throw an inside fastball to start an AB anymore?

Yeah, and it gets crushed for a homer. People have figured out how to hit him, I hope he enjoys St. Louis after either this year or next.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 11:54 PM)
Since the Sox have to pay Buehrle his salary for this season regardless, I thank they should use him strictly as a batting practice pitcher. He's good at that.

Don't the Cubs need a lefty batting practice pitcher?

it is amazing that the Sox hitters have watched the Tigers continuely work counts and go with pitches, while they are sitting there attenpting to dead pull everything that looks like a strike early in the count

There is no excuse for the offense the last two series. They scored 4 runs in the Saturday Twins game and they were given, what, 2 of those?

QUOTE(Drew @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
This sucks.

Buehrle sucks, but Iassognia is not being consistent at all.

Two-out hits, two-out runs, and a bases-loaded walk.

What I don't get now is why MB doesn't adjust and start throwing inside where he might get the call. Outside isn't working.