Sox @ Detroit

Heads22

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 06:27 PM)
Tiger fans acting like Cub fans on that pop up by Casey.

From what I heard from a friend of mine that was there last night and is there tonight, there isn't much difference.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 06:28 PM)
I would really like to see our pitchers move some feet out there.

4 out of every 5 pitches were away it seemed. That is how to give up seeing eye singles and bloopers like Mark did that inning

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:30 PM)
The inning could have been much, much worse.

I thought the same thing last night...and then things got much much worse. If MB is going to have this zone all night, he has no shot. Even the Detroit guys are talking about it.

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 11:31 PM)
Should I blame Sandy for "putting the glove in the wrong spot"?

Maybe if our starting pitchers didn't have to nibble with every batter they face, we wouldn't have to rely on the umpire to give us a couple of inches off the corner.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 05:30 PM)
The inning could have been much, much worse.

Dude, this game is already over. Buerhle won't make it past the fifth. Buerhle needs the corners to work and he ain't gettin' them with this ump. God I hope we split this series!

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 06:32 PM)
Maybe if our starting pitchers didn't have to nibble with every batter they face, we wouldn't have to rely on the umpire to give us a couple of inches off the corner.

yeah that would be nice but it would also help if we could get some calls to help out our shitty pitching.

Edited by wsox08

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)
Seriously. I am SICK of all the umpire complaints.

Face the facts, the starting pitching is mediocre (and thats being kind). I'd prefer to say our rotation stinks, especially when you figure Garland is the only worthwhile member of the rotation (Jose has been mediocre at best since his injury, Buehrle has sucked, Garcia has sucked and recently has become a 4th or 5th starter while Javy has sucked).

Facts are facts and our rotation is awful. I don't care how much potential it has, its awful in the results category and thats what gets things done in the end.