Sox @ Detroit

Heads22

The thing that is really bugging me is this team has given up down only 3 runs in the 4th inning. It's sad I'm starting to highly doubt us making the playoffs. KW has ruined this team.

The first and last sentences are contradictory. KW isn't the one to motivate the team and make sure they play with intensity and passion and give 100%. KW isn't the one who is supposed to keep this team from quitting. That is the job of Ozzie "the great motivator" Guillen. What has Ozzie done well this season?

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 12:07 AM)
I'm not thrilled about picking up Buehrle's option next season, but the truth is, what alternatives are there? I doubt we're going to be outbidding many ballclubs for a valuable starting pitcher. Our system isn't capable of assisting our rotation for next season.

Maybe Ozzie will go golfing with a high-priced, mediocre pitcher this offseason?

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:06 PM)
I think Kenny has done a great job overall as White Sox GM, however, if this teams fails to reach the playoffs it's all on his shoulders. We didn't make it in '01-'04 but we didn't have a $100 M budget at that time either. You pour this much money into the team, and especially this rotation, you expect something more than a turd. Plus he could have very easily improved the team at the deadline (at least by trading away one of the underachievers).

Nobody wants to trade for an underachiever, you don't trade guys at minimum value. Plus, the payroll number doesn't change the unexpected dropoff by this pitching staff. The only way this year is Kenny's fault is if YOU predicted the pitching rotation would be this bad, becasue even if they were just mediocre, we'd be a playoff team.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:07 PM)
I'm not thrilled about picking up Buehrle's option next season, but the truth is, what alternatives are there? I doubt we're going to be outbidding many ballclubs for a valuable starting pitcher. Our system isn't capable of assisting our rotation for next season.

Broadway can't be any worse than Buehrle has been in 2007, and bringing him up, trading Garcia, and putting McCarthy in the pen gives us A TON of payroll flexibility while seeing what we have for the future. I'd MUCH rather do that then keep overpaid dead weight, wouldn't you?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
Nice job settling down a bit by Mark, too bad he won't get picked up by the O.

For as many jams as he's gotten into, he's actually be pretty good at keeping this close.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 12:11 AM)
Broadway can't be any worse than Buehrle has been in 2007, and bringing him up, trading Garcia, and putting McCarthy in the pen gives us A TON of payroll flexibility while seeing what we have for the future. I'd MUCH rather do that then keep overpaid dead weight, wouldn't you?

Broadway can't be worse than Buehrle? WOW!

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:07 PM)
KW put a winning roster on the field. The starting pitchers haven't performed, and there are three members of our coaching staff that have sucked this year. However, our team doesn't deserve to make the postseason if every single starting pitcher underachieves.

Yes, but there's nothing stopping KW from improving a bad situation. If he didn't want to own up on Vazquez being a mistake, then shame on him.

The starters haven't performed, but who's the one trading for them and signing them to long-term contract extensions? He's the one that picked them. It's his mess.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 12:12 AM)
Yes, but there's nothing stopping KW from improving a bad situation. If he didn't want to own up on Vazquez being a mistake, then shame on him.

The starters haven't performed, but who's the one trading for them and signing them to long-term contract extensions? He's the one that picked them. It's his mess.

He signed Garland and Contreras to long-term contracts, and they're are two best starters.

Buehrle could get dealt, but I doubt it. I think he's pretty tired and an off-season will help him. I also think he's mentally spent.

I think both Vaz and Freddy will be gone, unless Vaz makes some serious strides. Hell, I wouldn't even be shocked if we considered moving Jose. I think we could have a very very busy off-season.

It will mainly involve, SS/LF and the rotation.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)
Broadway can't be worse than Buehrle? WOW!

Not unless he has like a 6 ERA. I know we are going to pick up the Buehrle option, but if your telling me it's a good move I'm going to laugh. He's been figured out and 9.5 million for a figured out, overworked lefty is silly.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:07 PM)

I agree. We probably need to replace 2 rotation spots, if Buehrle is gone that's 3. That's going to be tough.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 12:13 AM)
Not unless he has like a 6 ERA. I know we are going to pick up the Buehrle option, but if your telling me it's a good move I'm going to laugh. He's been figured out and 9.5 million for a figured out, overworked lefty is silly.

Every single team in baseball would jump at the chance to have Mark Buehrle for 9.5 million.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)

The two pitchers that he's signed for extensions recently are Contreras and Garland, and they're our only 2 pitchers pitching their worth...