the bottom line

juevos

is that this years team just doesn't want it as badly as last years team, if at all. im tired of emotionally investing myself into this team only to have them disappoint day in and day out. to get shut out by kenny rogers of all people.. freakin' ridiculous!

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 09:47 AM)
Was this really new thread worthy?

You aren't serious...?

We aren't even half way done with the bulls***. And don't forget about two weeks from now when all those that jumped off this week will be whining like babies with a full load to be let back on the wagon...

Sigh..

As said many times last year... wake me when September ends. Just in time for the jumpers and fans to be separated.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 09:55 AM)
I'm surprised that you, of all people, just used that phrase.

Old habits are hard to break.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 10:24 AM)
Could it be they want it just as much and are playing just as hard, but they just aren't as good (pitching)?

Nah, they must not be trying.

I'll answer this: no.

They look like corpses on the field.

Clearly the players want to win as much as anyone else. The results just aren't there. The fact that most in this 2006 team experienced 2005 enables them to take the losses a little more in stride and not get so worked up. Kinda like taking my kid to Disney World for the first time, he's jubilant and so exited that he's about to jump out of his pants. By the fifth time we go, he's like "Yeah, sure whatever!" He still likes to go, but he already knows what to expect.....We're not going to win every single year, but I thought that with the efforts made to assemble a team like this one, we would have been an automatic playoff team. It's not as if the 2005 White Sox were disassembled a la 2003 Florida Marlins. This team remained largely intact, and at least on paper, all the off-season moves looked solid and relatively low-risk. Who'dda thunk it!

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 03:38 PM)
Last year and this year are too hard to compare. We had a 15 game lead last year.

This year, were behind.

When the Sox were struggling last year, it didn't look like it was due to lack of effort, but rather that they were playing not to lose. Recently, we haven't even been playing not to lose....you need to at least put some type of effort into that. The entire team's approach, besides Crede, was disgraceful last night. Something else I just thought of is that with this team having almost everyone already locked up for next year, we don't have anyone in a "salary drive" and really busting their ass every night.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 10:38 AM)
Last year and this year are too hard to compare. We had a 15 game lead last year.

This year, were behind.

Exactly. Being complacent with a lead that almost ensures a playoff spot is a little more understandable than seeming complacent when you're fighting for the final playoff spot.

Once again: DEFENDING...WORLD...SERIES...CHAMPIONS.

And until someone else wins...that is our moniker. Would some of you rather be Pirates fans? Royals fans? Wouldn't you rather be in second place contending for the wild card than watching a game because there's nothing else to do?

I want the White Sox to win every year too, but it's more fun to contend with the possibility of making the playoffs than sucking every year and having false hope every Spring Training. This team is built to win for a couple more years...who woulda known that the Tigers would be playing out their arses? Or that the Twins would overcome a miserable start?

Please people, I'm going to my first game this weekend...I missed all of last year (live in Texas, couldn't get up there)...don't b**** and complain until the season's over.

Geez, it's like we're the frickin' Cubs or something the way some of you talk...

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 02:34 PM)
mods, delete board plz k thx

It's a good thing you're around. Cuz after Greg Hibbard stormed out angrily and forever, I was devastated that we wouldn't have an owner of Spade Kitty Records who joined on May 2, 2005 around. But luckily, we had 2 to begin with. Now, SOSH prolly has 10 or 11 of those, but hey, we gotta protect our resources more carefully.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 07:46 PM)
It's a good thing you're around. Cuz after Greg Hibbard stormed out angrily and forever, I was devastated that we wouldn't have an owner of Spade Kitty Records who joined on May 2, 2005 around. But luckily, we had 2 to begin with. Now, SOSH prolly has 10 or 11 of those, but hey, we gotta protect our resources more carefully.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????