Sox @ Tigers, 12:05pm CT

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:15 PM)
Man I like Dye in the 3 hole. Gooch is beyond awful against LHP, and our lead off hitters seem to be retarded.

And pitch effectively inside.

Jon IMO is a prime example that in many cases, movement >>> velocity

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
yeah said it twice yesterday...

He had a real nice game yesterday, but has still been struggling a bit at the plate.

Speaking of which, A.J. whiffs. He hasn't had a good at bat in quite a while.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:16 AM)
Jon IMO is a prime example that in many cases, movement >>> velocity

How many guys in our starting rotation have had better velocity than Jon this year? Jose sometimes hits 95, but aside from that?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:17 AM)
Robertson is making our guys look stupid up there. He's really working quickly, throwing strikes and than making good 2 strike pitches.

Besides Dye, everyone has looked bad so far

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:18 AM)
Besides Dye, eeryone has looked bad so far

I give him the credit, he's pitching damn good. I say this because i'm sure people will be jumping on the bats, but sometimes you got to tip your cap to the pitching and thus far this is all on Robertson kicking butt. And maybe some of it has to do with the fact that we blow against LHP.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:17 AM)
How many guys in our starting rotation have had better velocity than Jon this year? Jose sometimes hits 95, but aside from that?

At this point its hard to even say Jose, seems like he's been hovering in the low 90's as well this year. Vazquez hits 93 regularly, albeit with less movement.....

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:17 PM)

Your right, but Jon still doesn't have plus velocity on his fastball in general, which is more what I'm saying. If our other guys pitches had the natural movement that Jon's do, they'd be fine.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:18 AM)
I give him the credit, he's pitching damn good. I say this because i'm sure people will be jumping on the bats, but sometimes you got to tip your cap to the pitching and thus far this is all on Robertson kicking butt. And maybe some of it has to do with the fact that we blow against LHP.

We hit Robertson pretty hard in his last start against us, and in the past as well.

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:21 AM)
We hit Robertson pretty hard in his last start against us, and in the past as well.

Ya, but he's locating today and keeping guys off balance. I realize we have hit him in the past, but you guys can have good starts and bad starts.