Sox @ Tigers, 12:05pm CT

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Another nice inning by Jon, but more importantly the defense is really playing well today, the bats have came through with timely hits and well the pitching has been there.

Through 5 this is what I'd call winning baseball. I have no idea if we hold on, but this is the way the game was meant to be played and watching it thus far has been a thing of beauty.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:58 PM)
My question is why is Hawk reading Chciago papers in Detroit. I know he can but I think he would have something better to do it is hard to read this crap unless you really want to. I stopped reading the Times, the Trib is 1000x better. Hawk should do the same.

You'd be surprised to know this, but there are a number of people in the Organization that follow closely

the Medias dealings with the SOX.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:58 PM)
I am watching the game via Soxtalk. Helps at least look like work. My question is why is Hawk reading Chciago papers in Detroit. I know he can but I think he would have something better to do it is hard to read this crap unless you really want to. I stopped reading the Times, the Trib is 1000x better. Hawk should do the same.

Maybe D.J. read it and told Hawk about it.

:)

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:59 AM)
Another nice inning by Jon, but more importantly the defense is really playing well today, the bats have came through with timely hits and well the pitching has been there.

Through 5 this is what I'd call winning baseball. I have no idea if we hold on, but this is the way the game was meant to be played and watching it thus far has been a thing of beauty.

All of a sudden it seems like we suddenly care about winning this game and are trying hard. It's remarkable how good this team can look when that happens.

Just watch, Tomorrow, Javy will get touched up for a couple in the first or 2nd, and suddenly they'll look asleep again.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 02:02 PM)
All of a sudden it seems like we suddenly care about winning this game and are trying hard. It's remarkable how good this team can look when that happens.

Just watch, Tomorrow, Javy will get touched up for a couple in the first or 2nd, and suddenly they'll look asleep again.

I thought negative posters were getting banned...

:P

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)

Well it all looks a lot better when we get pitching and thats been the problem. I just don't see how we will get consistent performances like the one Jon has tossed thus far. It would go a real long way if Jose can get back to what he did for the first month and a half of the season. As I type this, its 7-0 Sox as Jermaine is now 3-3 and just hit his 2nd HR of the game :headbang

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
I hate to say this, but losing Thome is just so so so so much better than losing Dye

I don't know why you'd hate to say that. JD is having an MVP type season and he comes to play everyday.

Oddly it seems that Jermaine can handle the 3 hole.

Now lets leave him there for the rest of the year.

the argument that we need the lefty righty alternate to avoid the loogy really doesnt hold water. Because of Gooch's numbers versus lefties, they bring the loogy in anyways to clean house against Pods, Gooch and Thome.

Lets get some of that Dye 3 hole magic.