Ozzie's thoughts on Brian Anderson

fathom

QUOTE(Wealz @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 12:47 PM)
In his last 10 games, Anderson is 6-for-27 with 1 run batted in. Overall on the road this season, his line is an embarrassing .204/.283/.299. He has knocked in 7 runs in 167 road AB's.

Nice. You took 3 rough days in a row at the plate and spread it over 10 games to make it look like he's really been struggling for the last week and a half.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In his last 10 games, Anderson is 6-for-27 with 1 run batted in. Overall on the road this season, his line is an embarrassing .204/.283/.299. He has knocked in 7 runs in 167 road AB's.

Who has he had infront of him for a good portion of the season? Taz.

Watch out! Many blind people on here still think he's the MVP! Brian Anderson STINKS this year.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)
Brandon McCarthy sucked last year just check the numbers but if you're going to do that you'll probably want to ignore the fact that his ERA for the '05 season was lower than all five of the White Sox starters in 2006.

Player A: .264/ .326 OBP/ .431 SLG/ 8 HR/ 35 RBI/ 16 BB/ 52 K/ 5 SB/276 AB

Player B: .282/ .333 OBP/ .427 SLG/ 2 HR/ 12 RBI/ 8 BB/ 26 K/ 1 SB/124 AB

Should be pretty easy to figure out B. A might be a little tougher....but it's interesting to note that if you double B's at-bats....he's essentially the same player with a few less home runs and RBI.

QUOTE(beautox @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 12:52 PM)

If you are a good hitter, regardless of who is infront of you, you will still be good. Face it. Brian Anderson so far STINKS this year.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 12:54 PM)
If you are a good hitter, regardless of who is infront of you, you will still be good. Face it. Brian Anderson so far STINKS this year.

how is he supposed to drive in runs when there is no one on base, taz sucks, and ajp has gone in full pull mode since the ASB and can be seen in his stats.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 12:54 PM)

This is you showing how little you know about baseball. Have fun with that.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The reason this is all bugging me is because it's so painfully obvious that Ozzie has no clue about his own players and team. Ozzie has no freakin idea how good of a player BA has become.

Ozzie doesn't, but you and White Sox fandom does? Seriously? Come on. You have to be joking. This has to be placed in green, right?

I think Ozzie does know and wants him to improve. That is what the article said to me.

Please don't think that you know more about the team or the players than a coach does. That is just absurd. You are not there to observe anything that goes on. How could you possibly know more than a coach that does?

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
I don't mind anything Ozzie said about Anderson because he has had a very dissappointing season, and before the cheerleaders can put down their pom poms and rush to the computer, two decent months do not a season make. I don't understand why Anderson has a Hall of Fame wing here at soxtalk.

A lot of it is because he's one of the few that actually look like they give a damn in the second half.

QUOTE(beautox @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 12:52 PM)

Anderson is clearly more comfortable hitting at the cell. His numbers at home with RISP are excellent .316/.378/.526. On the road he's dreadful with RISP .111/.233/.139. Anderson's numbers say he should be platooned home and away.

QUOTE(beautox @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 12:59 PM)
how is he supposed to drive in runs when there is no one on base, taz sucks, and ajp has gone in full pull mode since the ASB and can be seen in his stats.

Show me two or three Center Fielders in the AL & NL that are worse than BA.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brandon McCarthy sucked last year just check the numbers but if you're going to do that you'll probably want to ignore the fact that his ERA for the '05 season was lower than all five of the White Sox starters in 2006.

But in 2005 it was higher than all but El Duque's. You could have made a case for him to replace any of our starters at some point during this season.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 01:07 PM)
He's looked pretty clueless over the last week. I'm not sure that's my definition of giving a damn.

Give me a f***in break. You can cherry pick a f***in bad week for Alex Rodriguez and Albert Pujols.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
I don't mind anything Ozzie said about Anderson because he has had a very dissappointing season, and before the cheerleaders can put down their pom poms and rush to the computer, two decent months do not a season make. I don't understand why Anderson has a Hall of Fame wing here at soxtalk.

Anderson = Garland for 2006

They both had 2 horrendous months which fried thier stats for the season yet have picked it up substantially over the past 3 months improving thier season stats but not to the point where it's going to look anywhere near excellent when the season ends. Garland turned his season around on June 13, Anderson; June 11th. Perhaps if people ditched the lame ass "hall of fame" and "man crush" s*** and actually paid attention to the play on the field there wouldn't be the same f***ing arguments in 5 threads right now.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Give me a f***in break. You can cherry pick a f***in bad week for Alex Rodriguez and Albert Pujols.

I will give you ARod, but I am not so sure about Pujols. Plus I don't think comparing BA to two the best offensive players in baseball is a good thing. From the looks of it BA has had more bad weeks in one year than Arod and Pujols have had in their combined careers.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 01:09 PM)
I'm done with this topic. Brian Anderson is becoming a damn good player and if you guys who have watched this team all season long can't figure that out then, well whatever...

i concur.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm done with this topic. Brian Anderson is becoming a damn good player and if you guys who have watched this team all season long can't figure that out then, well whatever...

Where in that article does it state that BA will not become a damn good player? I don't get it. I really don't. Please point this out to me. Thank you.

QUOTE(beautox @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 12:59 PM)

Sometimes you also have to .... GET HITS with men on base to drive in runs on the road. Anderson has been beyond terrible in every park other than the cell this year.