The Good News this Morning

Harry Chappas

Yesterday's game meant s***! Today when I opened the paper I saw that we caught the biggest break of the year. Dye and Jenks are back. These are our two MVP's. We lost twice because they were hurt.

Vazquez was absolutely awesome last night. That was huge maybe not this year but I think he can still be something.

I believe we will begin to hit and not stop until the end of October. We could be in a race Monday with three teams all within two games of one another. I think we win tonight and both the Sox and Twins go 3-1 over the weekend. I also think the Twins lose and Tigers win today.

Tonight, if we get a leadoff hit to start the game and Contrearas pitches like he can, we will go on a roll.

That's all I have got to say about that.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 10:27 AM)
I am holding out hope that this team is on the verge of waking up, kicking ass the rest of the season, and rolling right into the playoffs. Go get 'em.

I've been holding out that same hope since June. Sighhhhh...

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
Detroit losing to Seattle 4-1 in the 8th.

I'm not sayin'.... I'm just sayin'.

Ummmm.......

Not anymore. Tied at 4, bottom of the 8th, runner on 2d, 2 out. Rain Delay.

I suppose we need to root for a rainout at this point. Wouldn't that revert the score to the last complete inning?

QUOTE(Balance @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)
Ummmm.......

Not anymore. Tied at 4, bottom of the 8th, runner on 2d, 2 out. Rain Delay.

I suppose we need to root for a rainout at this point. Wouldn't that revert the score to the last complete inning?

Yes but I think they will wait all night. It reverts to the end of 7. 4-1 Mariners.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
Yes but I think they will wait all night. It reverts to the end of 7. 4-1 Mariners.

No, they changed the rule a couple years ago. If a team ties or takes the lead and it becomes rained out after its an official game, it becomes a suspended game and will resume from the point it ended.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 04:58 PM)
No, they changed the rule a couple years ago. If a team ties or takes the lead and it becomes rained out after its an official game, it becomes a suspended game and will resume from the point it ended.

dumb question alert:

If they cannot get the game in tonight (I suspect they will, but just for the sake of argument) would Seattle simply return to Detroit on an off day for both teams and resume the game with Monroe on second, bottom of the 8th?

QUOTE(soxunited @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
dumb question alert:

If they cannot get the game in tonight (I suspect they will, but just for the sake of argument) would Seattle simply return to Detroit on an off day for both teams and resume the game with Monroe on second, bottom of the 8th?

Not a dumb question. I'd also like to know.