Official NFL Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Steelers looked good last night. I don't get how some experts don't think they'll do better than 8-8. They still have one of the best defenses in the league, and most of their offense returning minus Bettis and Randle El.

Jags vs. Cowboys should be one of the games of the week. Really looking for our defense to become a top 5 MINIMUM this season, we've got the players to do so. And former Bear Marc Colombo is our starting RT now. Couldn't be worse than Petiti last season I wouldn't imagine.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 09:07 AM)
I don' thtink I ever really paid any attention to how Daunte looks in the pocket til last nite. I don't know if it was just Pittsburgh, but he looked crappy while dropping back.

I didn't watch a ton of the Vikes last year before he got hurt...but that's pretty much a fair description of how he was throwing before he got hurt as well.

I'm loving the Cincinnatti/KC game I'm getting on CBS but Lions Seahawks is hella weak. I'm not looking forward to another season of only getting NFC North team's games on Fox.

So far Carson Palmer looks pretty damn good, the Chiefs are throwing a lot of different blitz packages his way and he's threading the needle he's made one very bad pass though which almost resulted in a pick.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
Shaun Alexander with a fumble after the Seahawks work their way down field into Lions territory. This is not going to be a great year for him.

Are you saying that just because he had a fumble and you're extrapolating, or is there something I don't know about him?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 12:27 PM)
Are you saying that just because he had a fumble and you're extrapolating, or is there something I don't know about him?

The absence of Steve Hutchinson is going to cost him.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 12:26 PM)
Any Ernie Sims sightings?

He looks good, he's running all over the field and has already made a couple nice tackles.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 10:13 AM)
I'm loving the Cincinnatti/KC game I'm getting on CBS but Lions Seahawks is hella weak. I'm not looking forward to another season of only getting NFC North team's games on Fox.

So far Carson Palmer looks pretty damn good, the Chiefs are throwing a lot of different blitz packages his way and he's threading the needle he's made one very bad pass though which almost resulted in a pick.

Oh, I have Rams/Broncos and Saints/Browns so consider yourself lucky.

Saints are dominating right now, but are only up 6-0. They were one of my sleeper teams entering the season (not that I think they'll make the playoffs, but they have some pretty damn good offensive weapons, only thing is I think there defense will keep em out of the post-season).