Official NFL Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The offense seems so close to breaking through, only to have Grossman throw a pick or the O-line to take a bad penalty.

Keep makin' plays, D. :headbang

Back even.

The one PI call was weak, but it makes up for that "incidental content" non-call on Berrian earlier in the game.

Oh, and Joe Buck sucks.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 07:23 PM)
I hate rex Grossman with a passion now.

s***, it took you this long? The guy has been garbage since he first stepped onto the field as a pro.

He'll keep his job, though, and the Bears won't make it to the NFC championship as a direct result.

Edited by Milkman delivers

I'm done with Grossman. His leash is nonexistent now.

This is it.

You have to be a complete f***ing IDIOT to throw an incompletion upon a monumental turnover by the defense.

CHANGE YOUR SIG INSERT GROSSMAN'S PICTURE! HE IS OVER! I'M THROUGH WITH THIS BUM! I RATHER PUT IN ORTON THAN THE P.O.S. THAT HE IS!

QUOTE(MinnesotaSoxFan @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 06:28 PM)
Rex Grossman isn't gonna recieve the standing ovation next week when we are at home.

Did anyone really think that we were going to go into Gillette and win this game? I thought we would be lucky to go 1-2 on this trip. Maybe you should wear purple next weekend then.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 06:24 PM)
This last INT really put me over the edge.

It's just utterly ridiculous.

I was typing before the first play, "This is where Grossman proves himself -- in Foxboro, down four points, a touchdown needed for vic......" interception.

You can't excuse his performance anymore. I honestly don't care about our record. We can't use it to justify Grossman at the helm if he continues throwing interceptions, throwing off his backfoot, and missing wide open receivers.

Although you can't entirely blame him for the loss. How long did Brady have in the pocket? What happened to blitzing? I'm just judging Rex alone.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)
Did anyone really think that we were going to go into Gillette and win this game? I thought we would be lucky to go 1-2 on this trip. Maybe you should wear purple next weekend then.

Yes, that was a game we probably should/could have won. If Rex didn't fumble in the redzone and throw 8 picks, that game was ours.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 06:34 PM)
Yes, that was a game we probably should/could have won. If Rex didn't fumble in the redzone and throw 8 picks, that game was ours.

And if the Pats didnt drop every handoff and get called for phantom inference calls that lead to 45 yard penalties, the game is most likely theirs.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 06:37 PM)
And if the Pats didnt drop every handoff and get called for phantom inference calls that lead to 45 yard penalties, the game is most likely theirs.

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly say we had a chance when one generous passing interference call led to 7 points, and another -- less questionable but still iffy -- led to a field goal. I'm confident the right team won.

I'm just concerned about Grossman. When does it come to the point when people stop defending him and perhaps realize he's, well, not that good?