Official NFL Thread

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 19, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
Great win obviously.

Defense finally stepped up today, and showed what they are capable of. Romo continues to shine, and we took advantage of some turnovers.

If the Giants lose tomorrow, there's about 5 teams all on 6-4. With the Cowboys playing another 4 games at home IIRC, we're in a great spot to get 2nd place in the NFC behind the Bears and a week off.

And one of the 2 teams in your division that could have been real competition is suddenly without its best weapon, which will only help.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see whenMarvin Harrison dropped a pass late in the 4th quarter and it was called a catch, and the replay upheld the catch? I dont know what those refs were looking at, that ball clearly hit the ground and bounced up into Harrisons arms.

Its a moot point since the Colts lost anyways, but it was really obvious that Harrison lost the ball.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 19, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
Did anyone see whenMarvin Harrison dropped a pass late in the 4th quarter and it was called a catch, and the replay upheld the catch? I dont know what those refs were looking at, that ball clearly hit the ground and bounced up into Harrisons arms.

Its a moot point since the Colts lost anyways, but it was really obvious that Harrison lost the ball.

It looked good to me, from every angle they showed. However, the challenge worked out, as it was called on a play where the Colts looked like they had a score.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 11:27 AM)
And one of the 2 teams in your division that could have been real competition is suddenly without its best weapon, which will only help.

Playing the Giants at the Meadowlands is going to shape our season.

If the Giants D is still banged up when we play them I like our chances.

And I think we can do damage in the playoffs once we're there. Wouldn't suprise me to see a Cowboys vs. Bears conference final.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 23, 2006 -> 04:52 PM)
Romo's lookin good, and so are the Cowboys.

Hopefully we can put this one away in the 3rd.

You just did. I must say, the Cowboys have been a totally different team with Romo at QB. They might just be the second best (a distant second) in the NFC behind Chicago.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 10:20 AM)
You just did. I must say, the Cowboys have been a totally different team with Romo at QB. They might just be the second best (a distant second) in the NFC behind Chicago.

I think we could beat the Bears in the playoffs if it came down to our 2 teams.

We're one of the better run stuffing teams (Chicago's main attack seems to be to establish the run with Jones) and I think we've got better skill players at the QB and WR position.

So long as we can give Romo time to pass, and get a decent pass rush then we usually do pretty well.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 12:21 PM)
Half of his incompletions were messed up by TO as it was...

It's lucky for TO's sake Tony Romo likes him and actually targets him so much.

We're slowly but surely climbing our way back into the playoff race. Really, this team just needed some solid play out of the quarterback position to wake the hell up and that's what Harrington has been giving us. It's still going to be real tough to make the playoffs because of the awful start but right now I like our chances in any game.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 01:21 AM)
And everyone was saying we should have took him instead of Benson

If Mike Williams gets his head out of his ass and bulks up a bit he could be a pretty damn good TE, Benson on the other hand is looking like a classic bust. The Bears organization is giving his ass the Brian Anderson treatment it seems.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
Grossman has to f***ing quit it with the turnovers or I would not object to changing to someone who can protect the ball.

I missed the play which caused his hand injury, but I'm concerned with anything capable of making Grossman even worse. If it's obvious his passes are off (more than usual) we can't take the chance.

I wouldn't mind if Lovie game him until the 3rd quarter to rest.

Edited by Flash Tizzle