Official NFL Thread

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 06:46 PM)
Yeah, I wouldn't exactly say we had a chance when one generous passing interference call led to 7 points, and another -- less questionable but still iffy -- led to a field goal. I'm confident the right team won.

I'm just concerned about Grossman. When does it come to the point when people stop defending him and perhaps realize he's, well, not that good?

he doesnt need to be that good right now. He hasnt even played a full season yet, he will improve. At this point he just needs to keep in mind that we need him to manage games and not lose. He doesnt have that state of mind however, as he is a risk taker and wants to go for the big play.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex is awful, and is 100 percent responsible for this loss today. He might be good one day, but this years team, which should win it all, will be wasted on the fact that the young QB is a moron. I mean, the Bears scored 3 points today without the 2 terrible interference calls.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

The play calling was yet again awful. I hate how Rex gets the blame when we drop back consistently against a defense that rocks. Real f***ing smart. Rex made some mistakes but at the same time he was rocking early in this game and we would than s*** all over it with terrible plays.

This falls straight on Rex's shoulders and Turners play calling. Oh and Lovie for being a dumbass and not going for it on that 4th down (even though we did end up getting the ball back and would have had a shot to win the game).

I think a lot of people are letting their emotions after a tough loss get to them when talking about Rex. He had a bad game.... but he isnt "bad" and he is better than Griese and im confident in saying that. Also our defense did force a lot of turnovers today which is a good thing but we got no pressure on Brady at all. Our front 4 couldnt be stopped the first 5 games and since then.... meh.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 10:08 PM)
Joseph Addai is okay, I guess.

The fact that it took that long for Addai and Romo to start still baffles me. If an idiot like me sees they shoulda started from day 1, how couldn't the teams?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
This falls straight on Rex's shoulders and Turners play calling. Oh and Lovie for being a dumbass and not going for it on that 4th down (even though we did end up getting the ball back and would have had a shot to win the game).

Agreed on all counts. Turner was an idiot playcaller at Illinois and is still haunting me now with the Bears, and should get hated on more but never does since the media loves him here.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 03:08 PM)
Joseph Addai is okay, I guess.

He's no Marion Barber though. :D

Oh and I'm confident the Boys can beat the Bears now. We might finish up 12-4, since we have 5 very winnable games for the rest of our schedule, although the Bears should certainly hang onto Home Field advantage.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 10:36 PM)
He's no Marion Barber though. :D

Oh and I'm confident the Boys can beat the Bears now. We might finish up 12-4, since we have 5 very winnable games for the rest of our schedule, although the Bears should certainly hang onto Home Field advantage.

Cowboys will for sure beat the Bears, and in Chicago. It's what the Bears do, they did it in 1986, 1988, 2001, 2005, and now 2006. Lose at home in the playoffs, it's a tradition!!

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 04:36 AM)
Oh and I'm confident the Boys can beat the Bears now.

Why, 'cause the Bears lost to a top three AFC team on the road by four? That convinced you? Let's see how Dallas does at New York next week. Should be a decent measuring stick, considering the Bears have rolled through every 'good' NFC team put on their schedule...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 09:31 PM)
Why, 'cause the Bears lost to a top three AFC team on the road by four? That convinced you? Let's see how Dallas does at New York next week. Should be a decent measuring stick, considering the Bears have rolled through every 'good' NFC team put on their schedule...

Right now, playing the Giants doesn't look like that big of a measuring stick.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 06:38 PM)

At least i wasn't the only one who thought that. No matter how much confidence I have in my defense, I do everything I can to tie that game before giving the ball back to Tom Brady's team. Make Brady have to drive and score against that defense, not just waste the clock.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
The play calling was yet again awful. I hate how Rex gets the blame when we drop back consistently against a defense that rocks. Real f***ing smart. Rex made some mistakes but at the same time he was rocking early in this game and we would than s*** all over it with terrible plays.

Let's not forget Lovie's decision to "ice" the kicker, which gave them three points. Not that any other coach wouldn't have done it, I just hate that move period.

BILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLS

ILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSB

LLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLSBILLS

Going into the year, I didn't think they'd be mathematically alive right now. They're a ridiculous loss to Detroit and a missed FG against Indy away from being 7-4. It's not likely, but if they can find some miracle and beat San Diego next week, I think I'll become a little more optimistic about their postseason chances. They'll still have to earn it, seeing as how they have to face a good Jets team in the Meadowlands, along with a rejuvenated Dolphins club - though that's in Buffalo, where it should be nice and cold. Then Tennessee, and a Ravens team that should be playing their second string.

Of course, a loss next week and it's time to build for next year, but I'm dreaming anyways. :)

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 11:34 PM)
The fact that it took that long for Addai and Romo to start still baffles me. If an idiot like me sees they shoulda started from day 1, how couldn't the teams?

The team knows he's the better RB, but I've been reading that they're still just going to gradually increase his touches, and by the time the playoffs start, he will be the guy. They just want to keep him fresh this year, and I'm okay with that.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 10:37 PM)
Cowboys will for sure beat the Bears, and in Chicago. It's what the Bears do, they did it in 1986, 1988, 2001, 2005, and now 2006. Lose at home in the playoffs, it's a tradition!!

Dallas is pure crap. You came to this conclusion after the Bears lost to one of the best teams in the NFL at probably the toughest place to play? Please.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 09:32 AM)
Dallas is pure crap. You came to this conclusion after the Bears lost to one of the best teams in the NFL at probably the toughest place to play? Please.

Other than the fact that Dallas has a better QB, WR's, OL, defensive front 7, and coach than the Bears....I'd agree.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 09:57 AM)
Other than the fact that Dallas has a better QB, WR's, OL, defensive front 7, and coach than the Bears....I'd agree.

Hahahaha.

QB I will give you. Even claiming that their front 7 is better ruins any point you may have tried to make. Its tough to say that any team's defense is better than the best in the NFL.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 03:57 PM)

Romo is just as unproven if not moreso than Grossman, WR's ill give them the edge, we have a better OL, we have a better defensive front 7, I guess you give Parcells the nod over Lovie.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 04:43 AM)
Romo is just as unproven if not moreso than Grossman, WR's ill give them the edge, we have a better OL, we have a better defensive front 7, I guess you give Parcells the nod over Lovie.

The Boys OL has been playin very, very well since Romo took over.

Julius Jones and Marion Barber are having great years rushing. Marc Colombo has solidified the RT position, and Kyle Kosier's been a good acquisition at LG.

From what I saw of the Bears last night, they had problems stopping the rush getting to Grossman, and if you can take away the deep ball to Berrian, they could have problems moving the football (if they can't run it).

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 04:20 PM)

Julius Jones and Marion Barber are having great years rushing. Marc Colombo has solidified the RT position, and Kyle Kosier's been a good acquisition at LG.

From what I saw of the Bears last night, they had problems stopping the rush getting to Grossman, and if you can take away the deep ball to Berrian, they could have problems moving the football (if they can't run it).

You ARE aware that NE is the second best d in the league right?

Colombo is a Bears cast-off, the guy couldnt even make it as a backup for the Bears. Also the Bears have shown they can run it against anyone in the league.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)

The way the Patriots took away the deep ball to Berrian was via 4 potential pass-interference calls, 2 of which actually did draw flags.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 09:51 AM)
Vanderjagt gets the boot, heh.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2677822

He was missing everything wide right, and Parcells claimed it was in his head.

Should have signed Vinatieri instead.

We should at least try to draft a kicker in the off-season (a good one around the 4th round).

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 09:26 AM)
You ARE aware that NE is the second best d in the league right?

Colombo is a Bears cast-off, the guy couldnt even make it as a backup for the Bears. Also the Bears have shown they can run it against anyone in the league.

That's because Colombo had a bad back.

Didn't play in the league at all last season, and has come back rejunvenated and shown why he was a 1st round pick in the 1st place. If you saw the play of Rob Pettiti last season compared to Colombo, it's certainly an upgrade.

On the Bears offense, they have been having success, but when it comes to the playoffs they'll be coming up against top notch D's, and I don't know if they can produce the same. You saw against the Panthers last season, the D can be exploited as well with the right matchups e.g if Tillman was matched up on Terry Glenn and Vasher on Owens.