And Thats a White Sox Winner

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 02:31 AM)
Damn, why do they have to make me work for this s***?

:cheers

It really is amazing how it's never easy. Oh well....a win is always better than a loss. If our guys can keep up these opposite field swings they're taking, we have a chance to put up a lot more runs than we had been.

I'm not too worried about the fact that Cleveland made it close.

For the most part, they did it off of guys who won't be on the post-season roster.

I'm a little befuddled as to why McCarthy doesn't trust his fastball a little more. He always goes back to his changeup to righties, and it tends to tail back towards the middle of the plate. I tend to believe that once he is starting again, he'll be able to get the 'feel' for his changeup in his second, third innings of his starts. His fastball as a reliever, OTOH, has been great -- lots of swings and misses (other than the Pena walkoff).

Three-and-a-half out. We'll take it.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 02:32 AM)
I'm not too worried about the fact that Cleveland made it close.

For the most part, they did it off of guys who won't be on the post-season roster.

I'm a little befuddled as to why McCarthy doesn't trust his fastball a little more. He always goes back to his changeup to righties, and it tends to tail back towards the middle of the plate. I tend to believe that once he is starting again, he'll be able to get the 'feel' for his changeup in his second, third innings of his starts. His fastball as a reliever, OTOH, has been great -- lots of swings and misses (other than the Pena walkoff).

McCarthy's curve has been real poor basically all season. You can tell he has no rhythm with that pitch. He needs to trust his fastball more like you said, and keep it up in the zone. Then, he can throw the changeup lower in the zone.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 09:33 PM)
I should add, right now I'm pulling for another Twins win cause I think our best chance is both the Twins and Sox passing the Tigers in the division with both teams making the playoffs.

there might be a riot in bum town err Detroit if that happens.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 02:33 AM)
I should add, right now I'm pulling for another Twins win cause I think our best chance is both the Twins and Sox passing the Tigers in the division with both teams making the playoffs.

Liriano had a good game tonight, so he'll be back this week.

We're coming folks, we're coming. :D

Jon Garland what more can you say. The offense is clicking again, good to see Paulie have a nice game to break out of his mini slump.

Let's take that series tomorrow, and close that gap even further.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree.

At this point it would be hilarious to see Detroit fall flat on their faces and not be in.

I'm sure the boys at Motownsports will be filled with crackpot shots at the City of Chicago.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think it'd be halarious if the Tigers flop. Me personally...I hate ALL THINGS MINNESOTA....Twins and Viqueens. Plus...the Sox match up better with Detroit. For you guys pulling for Minnesota...I'd think again.

with the matchup point you bring up, you are assuming we would play them in the ALCS.

Right now I think we could take the Yankees using Garland, Contreras, Vazquez, and then a coin flip beween Buehrle and Garcia. I'm not sure how we match up with the second half A's, and I don't think our upcoming series with them will be much of an indicator because they really don't have too much to play for.

Don't you feel it guys? If our offense clicked in Boston, we would have led the WC right now. I believe that our team is REALLY heating up. Our starting pitchers have been pitching pretty well outside of Buerhle. The Tigers and the Twins are feeling our heavy breathing on the back of their necks. If we and the Twins win tomorrow game, I believe the Tigers will have the best chance to collapse among the three teams.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
I don't think it'd be halarious if the Tigers flop. Me personally...I hate ALL THINGS MINNESOTA....Twins and Viqueens. Plus...the Sox match up better with Detroit. For you guys pulling for Minnesota...I'd think again.

I can't hate on the Twins. In fact, aside from the World Series ring, I'm kind of jealous of the Twins. They play the game right and have a tremendous all around organization. In fact, if the Braves somehow go into hybernation mode (not saying it will happen) than the Twins would be the best organization in baseball, imo. Its just too bad they got a s*** bag owner.