Sox vs. A's 9/16 | 3:05, FOX

The Ginger Kid

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 05:48 PM)
So this year will be another year where we will pick a pitcher who can barely break a plane of glass with his fastball, and they will pick up some stud who will be throwing 97 and destroying us for the next 4 years.

Either that, or they'll trade an expendable player to another ballclub for an absolute pillage of quality minor league pitchers.

Where's our Justin Duscherer?

I still don't understand why the Sox didn't claim Stairs. I'm no fan of his, and I think he isn't that great, but if he helps Detroit win 1 game, KW dropped the ball. He isn't making that much and you would only of had to pay him for 2 weeks. It would have been worth having him ride pine, and maybe pinch hit once or twice.

QUOTE($I Need Money$ @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 03:50 PM)
and we got rid of frank thomas for THOME??

Honestly...I think we'd have an even worse record with Frank on this team instead of Thome. We'd have a few more hits right now, but Thome carried us for the first 2 months of the season.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
Our #1 off-season priority: get Thome healthy. Our #2 priority: make sure Thome isn't your best player next season (I mean, I heard it's great though that we're so dependent on a 36 yr old slugger).

Jim Thome isn't our best player this season.

Off season priority #1 (And the only offseason priority): Fix the pitching staff at any cost.

Off season priority 2: Dump Rob Mackowiak, so that Ozzie can never play him in CF again.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 05:53 PM)
Our #1 off-season priority: get Thome healthy. Our #2 priority: make sure Thome isn't your best player next season (I mean, I heard it's great though that we're so dependent on a 36 yr old slugger).

I think the #1 priority should be to fix the pitching staff. I'd think about dumping 2 starters maybe 3. Even if you take a little step back next season, it could set you up for a long time.

These are bad losses but you guys were kidding yourselves if you really believed the Sox could win 2 of 3 (or 3 of 4) in each of these last series, especially against such quality teams. Oakland is a good team and there's no sense expecting winning a series against them in Oakland. Same goes for series against series against the Twins, Tigers, and even the Indians.

People should have been extremely pissed off over our f***ing pathetic efforts against KC, Tampa, and a depleted Boston team. But they were too busy planning out how many games we'll win against team X coming up on the schedule.