Sunday GameThread at Oakland

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
the reasons we arent winning?

Aaron Rowand

Frank Thomas

we let the heart & soul of the team go bye bye...

sad very sad...

The past month or so I've wondered what it'd be like having Rowand and Thomas in our lineup. A lot of people said we'd miss Rowand and I was not one of them. I've been proven wrong now.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Rowand

Frank Thomas

sad very sad...

I surely do miss Rowand hitting .245 in August, and .235 in September. And not showing up in the playoffs. God I wish I still had that on our team.

Frank Thomas, the heart and soul of the whitesox. LMAO@You

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
The past month or so I've wondered what it'd be like having Rowand and Thomas in our lineup. A lot of people said we'd miss Rowand and I was not one of them. I've been proven wrong now.

Good grief...the only reason Rowand would help us is that we wouldn't have to play Mackowiak in CF as much. Besides that, I'm happy his overrated ass is gone.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
Vlad isnt doing enough to put his team in first.

Neither is Ryan Howard

It's scary to me that people believe this. The reason we aren't winning is that we had a ton of guys have career years last season, especially from our starting pitchers.

I dunno if it was career years. I think it was making the right pitch/defensive play and getting the right hit at the right time.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
I surely do miss Rowand hitting .245 in August, and .235 in September. And not showing up in the playoffs. God I wish I still had that on our team.

Frank Thomas, the heart and soul of the whitesox. LMAO@You

Don't forget bad base running and being a terrible clutch defender.

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
"Frank is not gonna beat us" -White Sox

It's embarrassing in a way.

The ONE player who you didn't want to defeat you, yet, none of our pitchers could retire Thomas when they needed to.

Sure would be fitting if this score held up and Thomas' HR decided the game.

Aaron Rowand

Frank Thomas

sad very sad...

puh-lease. The reasons the Sox aren't winning? Timo Perez and Timo Perez.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 09:18 PM)
It's embarrassing in a way.

The ONE player who you didn't want to defeat you, yet, none of our pitchers could retire Thomas when they needed to.

Sure would be fitting if this score held up and Thomas' HR decided the game.

How do you not try and throw at least one forkball to Frank in that situation?

Aaron Rowand

Frank Thomas

sad very sad...

Please don't tell me you really believe this....please? I suppose you want Crazy Carl back too, because after all he contributed to the chemistry as well....

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

we havent looked like a team with a bunch of "gamers" for a long while now...

i will say this one more time...there is no reason to break up a WS team until the midway point of the next season...then you consider major moves to improve if needed...

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
puh-lease. The reasons the Sox aren't winning? Timo Perez and Timo Perez.

KW at least took away one of Ozzies pets.

Timo would of been our starting CF by about June and balls would of been bouncing all over the OF as he one armed them.

Frank Thomas did not get a hit in the 2000 playoffs. He also didn't get a hit in the 2005 playoffs. Just wait until he starts whining about his contract next spring. Good riddance. He's having a year I would never have thought possible, hat's off to him. He is killing the White Sox playoff hopes, I'm sure he's very happy about that.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 09:21 PM)
It's sad when the Yankees will be my #2 team in the American League in the playoffs.

I'm rooting for a Yankees/Mets World Series. Maybe it's me, but rooting for Frank to win the WS is like rooting for your ex girlfriend to start dating a millionaire.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 04:19 PM)
i will say this one more time...there is no reason to break up a WS team until the midway point of the next season...then you consider major moves to improve if needed...

That point has come and gone.

It's time to trade whomever necessary; aside from McCarthy, who'll be expected to fill into one of the most disappointing divisions of our team -- starting pitching.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
Frank Thomas did not get a hit in the 2000 playoffs. He also didn't get a hit in the 2005 playoffs. Just wait until he starts whining about his contract next spring. Good riddance. He's having a year I would never have thought possible, hat's off to him. He is killing the White Sox playoff hopes, I'm sure he's very happy about that.

Frank has no problems with a majority of the players in the White Sox clubhouse (maybe Konerko, but that's it). I don't even think he has a problem with Ozzie; he realizes Ozzie shoots his mouth off, an that's the way he is.

I do think, however, that Frank is most happy about shoving it to KW.