Sunday GameThread at Oakland

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 04:19 PM)
we havent looked like a team with a bunch of "gamers" for a long while now...

i will say this one more time...there is no reason to break up a WS team until the midway point of the next season...then you consider major moves to improve if needed...

What major moves were made.

We took an overrated defensive centerfielder and turned him into Thome and Konerko. Kong wouldnt of stayed if we didnt sign Thome.

We then said goodbye to a 270 pound guy who broke his foot 2 times in 2 years who is 40ish.

We ditched Damaso Marte who was a mental midget gascan.

We ditched El Duque who was 100 years old.

We ditched Viz who was blah, sometimes good sometimes bad.

We ditched Timo who shouldnt play baseball, and currently isnt.

We ditched We Willie Harris who put a little slogan of its my time. Well he is now not on any team either.

Mack and Cintron are so far better than Timo and Willie its not even funny.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 04:22 PM)
I'm rooting for a Yankees/Mets World Series. Maybe it's me, but rooting for Frank to win the WS is like rooting for your ex girlfriend to start dating a millionaire.

Maybe that's you, but I'd like to see the rest of the A's win a World Series.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
Frank has no problems with a majority of the players in the White Sox clubhouse (maybe Konerko, but that's it). I don't even think he has a problem with Ozzie; he realizes Ozzie shoots his mouth off, an that's the way he is.

I do think, however, that Frank is most happy about shoving it to KW.

Despite what Frank says, I really doubt he's much of a fan of Ozzie.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I surely do miss Rowand hitting .245 in August, and .235 in September. And not showing up in the playoffs. God I wish I still had that on our team.

Frank Thomas, the heart and soul of the whitesox. LMAO@You

i guess you dont quite see the intangibles in a player do you...

i remember AROW as about as clutch as needed...need a bunt...done...need a key walk...done...need a sac fly...done...need to get hit by pitch...done...need to hit the ball the other way...done...there is no doubt that he tired last year at the end....but i want that guy on my team no matter what!

as for your FT comment...i guess you are too young to remember the young FT that came to our team and was a stud from the beginning...he is like Jerry Rice to the SF niners & Walter Payton to the Bears...HE WILL ALWAYS BE THE HEART & SOUL OF THE WHITESOX...do you get it?

now maybe you could be more like Tony LaRussa and provide me with some of your neat little stats...?

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 09:24 PM)
i guess you dont quite see the intangibles in a player do you...

i remember AROW as about as clutch as needed...need a bunt...done...need a key walk...done...need a sac fly...done...need to get hit by pitch...done...need to hit the ball the other way...done...there is no doubt that he tired last year at the end....but i want that guy on my team no matter what!

Need a 6-3 putout? Done.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
I agree...Ozzie seems to have a lot to say about Frank.

Eh, I really don't think there is a huge issue between the two.

I tend to think there's more of an issue -- or, there WAS more of an issue -- between PK and Thomas. Just from some of the general, underlying jabs, like what he said about Thome this spring. Wasn't the comment something like, "I've never played with such a good hitter in the lineup."?