And that's a white sox loser....

SinkingShip06

I would rather be sent to a deserted island with no water than watch that game

again.

That game was a microcosm of our second half.

We stunk. They did all the little and big things to win the game.

In our house.

Where's that world series dvd when you need it?

I got free tickets for the game tonight and they were great seats. However, I was frustrated the whole game. Just seemed like a complete lack of execution all night.

It was kinda funny actually. I was sitting with a few friends with all the scouts around us and they were pretty much calling all the pitches or plays against us that they knew would work and they happened about 8/10 times. Sad stuff.

It was kinda funny actually. I was sitting with a few friends with all the scouts around us and they were pretty much calling all the pitches or plays against us that they knew would work and they happened about 8/10 times. Sad stuff.

Tell us more about the scouts. What were they saying?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 04:44 AM)
Tell us more about the scouts. What were they saying?

There were a number of things. From what I can recall, there was the time Zumaya had 2 strikes on Pierzynski and the one guy said to the other guy "hard slider?" and the other guy shook his head naw. He suggested he stay with the heat and the next pitch Zumaya smoked one by AJ. A few other ones were the sliders away that they seemed to know were the Sox weakness and called it once or twice.

They also seemed to see the lackadasical style we had in the game. One of the scouts sitting in front of me, I believe he was from the Mariners almost seemed to predict the stolen base late in the game (can't remember who had the steal now) and how by the time the Sox noticed he was already 3/4 of the way to 3rd.

Teams I noticed that had scouts there were a Yankees scout behind us, a Dodgers and a Mariners scout sitting right in front of us and a guy who I believe was from the Twins because I remember seeing him at the last game I was at in those seats.

From listening to them besides when they were BS'ing, the player I noticed they seemed the most impressed/interested all around was MacDougal. Just the impression I got from some of their reactions compared to how they acted the rest of the night. On the offensive side I couldn't really tell from them as there wasn't much offensive action on our side.

On a side note, for such a large crowd of 38,000+ the crowd wasn't very into it at all. I remember going to games 3-4 years ago with friends and we would walk up to get tickets and there would be 18,000-20,000 die hards who would be three times as loud for half as good a team. Kinda depressed me. It was sad but after they blew a chance to score with 2 on in the 8th I told my friends we were leaving. By the time we got out to the car and we were on I-90 the game was over. Glad I didn't spend my whole night in traffic.

Anyways, thats all I can think of right now. If you have any more questions on the scouts of the crowd lemme know.

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 12:31 AM)
2006 Chicago White Sox, a season to forget. :crying

I don't mean to be negative but I hate to think what next season will be like. I have to blame Ozzie for part of this mess, which is probably the understatement of the year.

I'll say this much: I'm not going into 2007 with any real expectations. I've been burned too many times, especially this year, when I actually expect greatness.

Next year really will be an unknown.

Let's face it, after winning it all, the Sox will be looked at diffrently forever.

Just one team can win it all; odds are it won't be us, again.

Our starting pitching is going to have to do a better job next year. As annoying

as our clutch hitting appeared to be, we did score a helluva lot of runs this year.

I actually feel better about the White Sox playoffs chances today than I did yesterday. Now that the impossible wins are in the past, lets work on winning out the rest of these games and making the playoffs. Everyone knows just how dangerous of a team this can be if it can just make the post season. Lets all join in one big group hug and will them on to victories.

:gosox1:

I know it sounds cliche but the "hunger" just wasnt there this year from the players on this team.even as a fan i didnt have the same hunger as i did in the past.once you reach your baseball nirvana as we did last year ,the only way to go from there is down.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 12:48 AM)
29-38

That's our record since July 7th. I can't even find anymore words to properly describe how bad this team is.

They're really earning that $100 million payroll. It's just unfortunate that we have so many injuries while every other team is so healthy.

That game last night was vintage 2006 White Sox:

-Three double plays, a single off the wall, and no clutch hitting to go with 2 solo home runs

-Bullpen gives up a run in the 9th to add onto a game already out of reach

-Ozzie leaves Garland in too long, and as a result the first pitch of the 8th inning is hit 410 feet to turn 4-2 into 5-2. Then Ozzie plays appendage ball with Thornton and Eminem, and 3 pitchers face 3 batters to start the inning, and Thornton is wasted on 1 guy.

-Runner steals 3rd while the ball is being thrown back to the mound, makes it easily

-Every aspect of the game was pathetic

Man I'm glad this season is almost over. I hope this is just an abberation, but it's for sure the most disappointing season I've ever seen. I'm sure glad Ozzie decided last night that Mackowiak isn't good enough to play CF though, didn't take him too long there. He's started 50 games out there since Anderson got hot, I'm sure those 5 or 6 games his defense cost us in that time couldn't help us now...