Brian Anderson

DBAHO

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(daa84 @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 10:20 AM)
everyone talks about brians secodn half....but am i the only one who thinks his second half still wasnt very good....i mean .257 .301 .393 still stinks..........im not sayin he won't be a good ballplayer, but i think people tend to overrate his second half...

you are not alone. and people wanted ozzie to play him even more! :bang

ozzie did everything he could to protect BA during the first half and now Ozzie's his nemesis, if you believe what you read around here.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

It would be unlikely that the Sox would trade BA. they have a more immediate need in LF. And don't forget Dye is done with the Sox after 2007. KW might already be thinking ahead in RF in 2008.

The Sox after no depth in the OF. Ozuna? Maybe... Mack? He's OK... And what do you with Josh Fields? Sign Crede for a few more years and make Fields his understudy? Or start trying to convert Fields to an outfielder.

LF is the biggest gaping hole that KW needs to fix in the offseason. Crede's contact, and the Uribe/Cintron question will linger as well... But LF is the most immediate need.

Anderson will be fine... he had a good rookie year.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)
ozzie did everything he could to protect BA during the first half and now Ozzie's his nemesis, if you believe what you read around here.

Ugh, I told myself I was done debating all the BA garbage but Ozzie did nothing to protect BA in the first half. If by protecting him you mean throwing him out there against a lot of left handers when he hits better against righties, then sure, he protected him.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
Ugh, I told myself I was done debating all the BA garbage but Ozzie did nothing to protect BA in the first half. If by protecting him you mean throwing him out there against a lot of left handers when he hits better against righties, then sure, he protected him.

You really shouldn't even bother debating it with people anymore. There will always be the few on here who will bring no real reasoning, logic or stats to their comments and make statements like that. It's not very hard to just make a comment like that, it's incredibly difficult to back up however so you'll likely only see a few posts like that in every thread with no rebuttal to criticizm because they're not interested in backing up their asinine comments.

By the way...hasn't anyone noted that there are people who wanted to be done with Brian Anderson at many points this year...yet now the vaunted Marlins scouting department, the same folks who were somehow able to put together a nearly .500 team on $16 million after taking the Cubs, Mets, and Red Sox for everything they could get...now want that same Brian Anderson?

It's almost as though they see something they like from the kid...

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)
By the way...hasn't anyone noted that there are people who wanted to be done with Brian Anderson at many points this year...yet now the vaunted Marlins scouting department, the same folks who were somehow able to put together a nearly .500 team on $16 million after taking the Cubs, Mets, and Red Sox for everything they could get...now want that same Brian Anderson?

It's also funny how Anderson is getting lumped in with Baldelli and Kemp, that's some damn good talent to be in the same sentence with.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 12:10 PM)
I am going to say this right now... there would be about 29 teams who would be interested in Brian Anderson. The guy is going to be good, and everyone in baseball knows it.

He has great potential. I am hoping the Sox don't make a rash decision based on a subpar 2006 season from Brian. I really believed he learned a lot and with some more seasoning in Venezula he might be pretty good in '07

Maybe if our manager quit riding BA in the press and actually played him everyday instead of a joke like Mackowiak in CF, he'd get rolling.

Maybe if Brian Anderson hit over .200 the first two months of the season his

manager wouldn't have gotten sick of the thought of putting this automatic

out in the lineup.

I cannot for the life of me understand the love of this guy.

I can understand people writing, "I still have faith in Brian if we have patience.

He might learn how to hit in the bigs."

I cannot understand people that wanted this guy to have 500 at bats.

BA was AWFUL at the plate this year. He was great defensively.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)

out in the lineup.

I can understand people writing, "I still have faith in Brian if we have patience.

Podsednik was awful both offensively and defensively can you give me one good reason why he got 500 ABs?

out in the lineup.

I cannot understand why you make statements like this. You crap on Anderson, yet think piles of dung like Mark Redman and Aaron Guiel are the next whitesox in waiting. You should really watch more baseball outside of the KC area before you make these statements.

How about this, if you think that Brian is terrible then you f***ing hate Joe Crede. Because before a few years ago Joe Crede stunk at the plate. You must hate Uribe, because he still cant hit. You probably never liked that Robin Ventura guy because he was horrible when he first came up.

I cannot understand why you make statements like this. You crap on Anderson, yet think piles of dung like Mark Redman and Aaron Guiel are the next whitesox in waiting. You should really watch more baseball outside of the KC area before you make these statements.

How about this, if you think that Brian is terrible then you f***ing hate Joe Crede. Because before a few years ago Joe Crede stunk at the plate. You must hate Uribe, because he still cant hit. You probably never liked that Robin Ventura guy because he was horrible when he first came up.

Southside I love your posts; don't do this to me.

You know damn well I did not call for Redman and Guiel. I tried to ask a question

as to what you all thought of them and would it be wise to get them.

I value hearing other opinions and living in KC I saw Redman get 11 of KC's 50

wins. Guiel I always liked his spunk. I didn't say we must sign them; you know

that.

I love Crede.

I said I hope BA makes it; I just think the fact he was so horrible so horrible early made Oz

not want to see his fricking face in the lineup.

Brian if he wants to be a big leaguer has to hit .250 minimum the first six weeks not .150.

I am hoping Brian is the same as Crede; eventually becomes a good hitter.

I am saying I completely understand why Oz soured on BA and got him only 350 at bats.

BA SUCKED at the plate early; just sucked.

I am no know it all; I asked if you thought getting an older lefty like Redman (Kenny R) might

be a good idea.

If we keep BA as our cf I will not be mad; I love his defense. I'm just saying this year

even though he's young he DID NOT DESERVE more play than he got. He just didn't.

AS FAR as this comment:

Podsednik was awful both offensively and defensively can you give me one good reason why he got 500 ABs?

Yes. Scott P. unlike BA has history on his side. Oz knew from the previous season the guy

was a catalyst who if he got his s*** together could again lead us to greatness.

Scott P. has a history; the probability of his getting his s*** together existed.

Also Scott P as bad as he was, was never below the mendoza line if I remember correctly.

BA simply was an automatic out the first 2 months or so.

Our manager didn't want him out there any more.

And yes, I'm in favor of dumping Pods now. I'd take Lee over Pods in a minute now.

Oh and by the way if you are still reading; I grew up on the Southside.

Attended Brother Rice. Still can't believe the score of last Friday's St. Rita game. wow.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 02:33 AM)
I am saying I completely understand why Oz soured on BA and got him only 350 at bats.

BA SUCKED at the plate early; just sucked.

So instead we throw a guy out there in center who cost us at least a good 3 games in the field. Ozzie hurt the team by continuing to throw Rob out there, it's that simple.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(shipps @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 03:40 AM)
Because the Marlins like BA ,it makes me like him once again.they have an unbelievable eye for young talent.Ask the Cubs.You must keep him.

I've become one of the bigger Brian Anderson fans around, however the Marlins are absolutely loaded with young arms, so you at least have to listen to what they have to offer.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 08:49 AM)
I've become one of the bigger Brian Anderson fans around, however the Marlins are absolutely loaded with young arms, so you at least have to listen to what they have to offer.

Correct! Doesn't cost anything to listen. And you just never know what you may get offered.

out in the lineup.

Maybe if the manager has realized that BA was better against RHP he wouldnt have platooned him against LHP over and over which delayed his development. Not to mention BA was good in the second half which shows he figured out major league pitching. Prospects develop, thats why we have to use patience.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
It's also funny how Anderson is getting lumped in with Baldelli and Kemp, that's some damn good talent to be in the same sentence with.

Thanks to both of you.

Resident BA mancrush here....

I'll agree, you do have to listen to what the Marlins have to offer, but this guy is still our starting CF for the forseeable future. Why else would KW have traded away Jeremy Reed, Chris Young and the llike? Must see something he likes in the kid.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 01:27 AM)
So instead we throw a guy out there in center who cost us at least a good 3 games in the field. Ozzie hurt the team by continuing to throw Rob out there, it's that simple.

It was a lot more than 3. It might have been more than 3 in September.