"Juan"ted Uribe

santo=dorf

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 11:38 PM)
Uribe didn't go to college. He's got some eligibility left...

Who signs him first, Miami football or Iowa basketball?

This is quite possibly the post of the year.. or at least, one of my favorites.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
Yep. :)

You are incredibly hilarious, especially if you believe what you say.

Edited by Felix

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 01:11 AM)
For starters, you're not going to convince anyone with any knowledge of baseball at all that Derek Jeter is a better defensive SS than Juan Uribe. No one.

Secondly, that 20th is a completely objectional number to me. How many SS's is that exactly? 30? 40? 60? 100? That 20th could put him in the upper half, which, along with gold glove defense, is pretty goddamn valuable.

How many teams are in the league? 30. So you figure the number is around there.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 12:24 AM)
How many teams are in the league? 30. So you figure the number is around there.

Yea, I figured that.

What's the exact number? I have serious doubts it's in the bottom 3rd, but rather towards the bottom of the 2nd tier of SS's.

The good thing is that everyone is okay. Now I hope Juan Uribe and his brother didn't do something stupid we don't know about.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)
Yes!!! Hopefully it wasn't self-defense, and he gets hauled away.

Why do I feel like I am going to get banned for saying that? Oh well.

That's a really stupid ass remark.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 12:04 AM)
Well if anything we'll probably get a good "dugout" from this. :huh

Oh God. A mix of spanish, bad translation, Juan Uribe and his brother, an Italian navy officer, fried chicken, an SUV, gun shots, people getting shot, and self defense. That will be an epic dugout.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
santo=dorf:

How the hell did you find this story?? This appears to be the first english site to find it, and you started the thread, so just curious.

I decided to lower my baseball IQ and head over to the White Sox.com boards. It beats huffing nail polish remover.....but not by much.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 12:33 AM)
20th out of 35.

thxmch...and I was right. Not bottom 3rd, but more or less towards the bottom of the 2nd. Considering his defense, his price, and that this was his worst season since 2002, I'm fairly happy that he's coming back next year at $4.15 mill...so long as these troubles don't hurt him much long term, which is a real possibility.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 06:28 PM)
Juan and his brother shot a navy officer while he was eating some chicken.

I remember Juan on the big screen saying his favorite food was "Pollo con arroz."

So is mine, but why did he shoot an Italian Naval Officer over dinner? :huh

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 12:36 AM)
Oh God. A mix of spanish, bad translation, Juan Uribe and his brother, an Italian navy officer, fried chicken, an SUV, gun shots, people getting shot, and self defense. That will be an epic dugout.

50 bucks says dontrelle makes an appearance, :lol:

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 12:11 AM)
For starters, you're not going to convince anyone with any knowledge of baseball at all that Derek Jeter is a better defensive SS than Juan Uribe. No one.

Secondly, that 20th is a completely objectional number to me. How many SS's is that exactly? 30? 40? 60? 100? That 20th could put him in the upper half, which, along with gold glove defense, is pretty goddamn valuable.

That ISOD was also the worst of his career. I would put money on that improving next year. He's not disciplined at all, but I going to go out on a limb and say 13 walks will remain a career low for Uribe in a season with atleast 450 PAs.

How about his ISO of .206? That's only 17 points lower than Mr. Everything, Joe Crede. Hell, it's 65 points BETTER than AJ Pierzynski's.

And you're trying to say he's a trash ballplayer. I would imagine you're the only person on this site that feels that way.

He's not the only poster who thinks Uribe is a bad player. I've had enough of his impatient, CLUELESS plate approach combined with his overall poor hitting success.

I'm not worried about Uribe's criminal activity potentially hurting the Sox because his departure is addition by subtraction.

QUOTE(shoota @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 10:37 PM)
He's not the only poster who thinks Uribe is a bad player. I've had enough of his impatient, CLUELESS plate approach combined with his overall poor hitting success.

I'm not worried about Uribe's criminal activity potentially hurting the Sox because his departure is addition by subtraction.