"Juan"ted Uribe

santo=dorf

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 11:31 PM)
Ronny Cedeno: .271 OBP, .245 AVG, much lower SLG but hes not a power hitter like Uribe supposidly is.

And Ronny Cedeno sucks defensively of course he was a rookie so it's not a great comparison. Rey Ordonez on the other hand was one of the worst offensive players in Mets history but kept his starting job for half a decade because of his Gold Glove caliber defense.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 12:11 AM)
I saw that, but I think we are the best prepared to get it done. We got what they want.

Actually, of the teams that have rumored to be interested in ARod the Angels have the best chance at landing him because of Santana, Figgins, Kendrick, Wood and the rest of their loaded farmsystem. As for the Sox, if KW isn't willing to part with McCarthy then I don't think the Sox have much of a chance.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 12:13 AM)
Vizquel_4610.jpg

:bringit

He's way too old for Sabean to trade. Honestly though, I'd love to have Vizquel on this team(obviously if we can't get Alex). The guy can still play, he doesn't have as much range as he used to but he's still sure handed at short and still a pretty solid hitter. I have no clue what it'd take but Omar is definitely someone I'd look into, if indeed Juan is gone(I think he's done here now, even without all the details of this).

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 01:14 AM)
Actually, of the teams that have rumored to be interested in ARod the Angels have the best chance at landing him because of Santana, Figgins, Kendrick, Wood and the rest of their loaded farmsystem. As for the Sox, if KW isn't willing to part with McCarthy then I don't think the Sox have much of a chance.

Well, at this point, if they weren't willing to start McCarthy at the end of last season, then I see no reason why he couldn't be traded. I think we could put a package together to rival the Angels one. But the question is, where would A-Rod rather go? To Chicago, and hit what, 6th? I mean, I don't think they'd break up the 3-4-5 of Dye-Konerko-Thome (the way it SHOULD be). If he went to the Angels, he'd hit anywhere from 3-5. So its really up to him.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
A-Rod would bat 3rd here. Anyways, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but at SI.com it was said that Alex wouldn't waive his no trade to come here because of Ozzie. Who knows if that's true but it's interesting with out a doubt.

Was that a quote from him or speculation? Probably there are more moves coming(leadoff), but why couldn't he bat 2nd?

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 12:27 AM)
Was that a quote from him or speculation? Probably there are more moves coming(leadoff), but why couldn't he bat 2nd?

Someone's source, so like I said who knows if it's true. I take anything from the media with a grain of salt, you just never know.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 01:25 AM)
A-Rod would bat 3rd here. Anyways, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but at SI.com it was said that Alex wouldn't waive his no trade to come here because of Ozzie. Who knows if that's true but it's interesting with out a doubt.

You really think Ozzie would take Dye out of the 3 hole? He excelled there at the end. What would that do to Konerko? 6th? Konerko is not a 6th hitter.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 12:30 AM)
You really think Ozzie would take Dye out of the 3 hole? He excelled there at the end. What would that do to Konerko? 6th? Konerko is not a 6th hitter.

Neither is Alex. Dye didn't excel out of the 3 spot and neither did the offense. The offense basically started to sputter when Jermaine was moved to the 3 hole. Now I doubt there is a direct correlation there but it certainly wasn't something that was going to make our lineup a whole lot better like some people thought.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)

Interesting. Though if it was either waive his no trade clause and come here (let's say yanks tell him it's this or nothing) or stay in NY, he might reconsider.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 12:19 AM)
Well, at this point, if they weren't willing to start McCarthy at the end of last season, then I see no reason why he couldn't be traded.

$$$$$

and they weren't willing to start McCarthy at the end of last season for fear of destroying his arm. It's not smart to have a pitcher start consistently after having not started at all during the year, with the exception of 1 start.

So if Uribe ain't going to be our SS next season (and that's a definite possibility, just look at what happened to Urbina), it's time to look at alternatives in the trade and FA market. First the FA's;

Alex Gonzalez - .255/.299/.397

Alex Cora - .238/.312/.298

Julio Lugo - .278/.341/.421

Craig Counsell - .255/.327/.347

And the trade market;

Jimmy Rollins - .277/.334/.478

Omar Vizquel - .295/.361/.389

Alex Rodriguez - .290/.392/.523

Cristian Guzman - Didn't play this season (.219/.260/.314 in 05)

Clint Barmes - .220/.264/.335

Erick Aybar - .250/.250/.325 (only 40 AB's)

Maicer Izturis - .293/.365/.412

You probably acquire a guy like Guzman for basically nothing considering he's got 4M for 2 seasons left on his deal and he doesn't fit into the Nats plans. The Sox could bank on trading for a guy whose value is down like Barmes or Guzman who are being replaced by others and hope they could contribute to the numbers that they have reached before.

If there was a way to acquire Izturis, that would be a good way to go, but I don't think the Angels are going to be giving him up somehow.