PS3

IlliniKrush

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 05:28 AM)
There aren't many games out for the PS3. Of the games that are out now, I don't want any of them. Therefore I am not going to buy one until a game comes out that I want. Those include MGS4 and FF11.

Now with MGS4 though likely coming to the 360, there really aren't many killer software aps for the PS3 to validate buying the system. Heck, it's lost the exclusitivity on the GTA, Assasin's Creed, Guitar Hero, Dragon Warrior and now possibly MGS franchises within a matter of months. That's bad news.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
Now with MGS4 though likely coming to the 360, there really aren't many killer software aps for the PS3 to validate buying the system. Heck, it's lost the exclusitivity on the GTA, Assasin's Creed, Guitar Hero, Dragon Warrior and now possibly MGS franchises within a matter of months. That's bad news.

The fact that Halo and GTA will both be on the Xbox 360 is almost enough for me (since those are about the only non sports games I play and well quite frankly all the sports games are available on whatever system is out there).

I honestly didn't realize that GTA is no longer exclusive.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 11:44 PM)

Can you find me some confirmation that MGS will be on the X-Box? I've never heard that.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 10:51 PM)
So, I went to Best Buy today to get something and I see a tent. Not even thinking about PS3 because it doesnt come out til Firday, I asked what the people were doing. There were 10 of them already camping out for the system.

I would kill for that kind of free time, and if I got it, I sure as hell wouldn't be camping out for a video game system.

Same thing happened to me at Circuit City this afternoon, insane, at least 8-10 people. What the hell? I wonder how stupid these people feel when the system is available everywhere? Factor in there will be more games then, the price, and problems the system is already having...this is worse than some Star Wars nerds, I have a feeling some one will drive by with some eggs or something

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 07:18 AM)
I have sent this thread to local authorities for a hefty reward. So it looks like I'm making money off this as well.

Dude, seriously, the NSA's already archiving everything at this site. Everyone wave hi to Mike and Stan, they're the guys following me around!

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 11:35 AM)
Jas, I could have pretty much made that same post word for word. I was under the impression the new GTA would come out for PS3 1st, like it has in the past. If it's released at the same time with the 360, a new X-Box is almost a no-brainier for me.

That's what I'm reading.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
Are you telling me the xbox360 had 0 bugs when it was released... and they already said the problem will be able to be fixed with online updates so its not a big deal.

Software bugs can be fixed, harware bugs require a recall which they never do.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
Are you telling me the xbox360 had 0 bugs when it was released... and they already said the problem will be able to be fixed with online updates so its not a big deal.

No. I'm just saying there are stupid people all over the country waiting in line for days on end to get a machine that isn't even 100% glitch free. The morons paying $1500+ on Ebay are even worse.

I'll wait a year or so to let them work all the glitches out and drop the price.

I was asked by my girl's brother (who lives in NYC) to see if I could score one of these bad boys since I live in New Hampshire, (population 10) and he had no chance of getting one. I really felt like an ass when after standing in the hard rain outside Walmart for an hour (from 11:30-12:30), I found out that they weren't doing any sort of midnight release. And there were some seriously, um, people different from myself waiting out there... and also more than a handful of toothless Walmart employees coming out for their smoke break attempting to strike up some sweet conversation. GOOD TIMES.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)
No. I'm just saying there are stupid people all over the country waiting in line for days on end to get a machine that isn't even 100% glitch free. The morons paying $1500+ on Ebay are even worse.

I'll wait a year or so to let them work all the glitches out and drop the price.

This is the facts of life. Are you running a PC? You probably have bugs, glitches and s*** all throughout your Windows. I wouldn't go as far as to call people morons -- and as someone already said, if they are software problems then there is really no big issue. Hardware, however, is another story.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 04:30 AM)
This is the facts of life. Are you running a PC? You probably have bugs, glitches and s*** all throughout your Windows.

I am running a PC and it has run everything I've wanted it to run since the day I got it. I also didn't have to spend a week in line outside a store to buy it. Nor did I have to pay 4 times the retail price just so I could be the first person on my block to get one.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 04:30 AM)
I wouldn't go as far as to call people morons -- and as someone already said, if they are software problems then there is really no big issue. Hardware, however, is another story.

Spending an insane amount of money to buy something that will be readily available in stores everywhere 3 months from now = moron. IMHO of course.