Chicago's first winter storm loom

southsider2k5

I'm also a winter person. There is nothing I enjoy more that a foot of snow on the ground and weather in the 10's. And it has nothing to do with snow days.

Hell, I love it so much I plan to settle my family in Alaska or the U.P. of Michigan one day.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine life without experiencing cold weather. I enjoy it, to an extent, under the right circumstances. Not while I'm trudging around downtown Chicago in fridgid conditions, but when I've removed from the elements.

For me, there's nothing more relaxing than watching a snowstorm midafternoon over the Christmas holidays. Just the feeling of not having school work on my mind, and simply relaxing in my frontroom reading the newspaper while the entire neighborhood is covered in snow. It serves to temporarily disguise the otherwise brutal cold spells and driving conditions.

I'm not the type of person to complain about the weather here. Similar to Greasy --except in a different state -- I don't see myself living anywhere else.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
Does anyone even drive in Oxford? I went to a Wendys there and they didnt have a drive thru...but they had a walk thru.

I hope it snows and snows and snows, doesnt matter to me I love the s***.

the funny thing is, I think something like 85 percent of kids have cars there. The Wendy's (which is gone I think) is uptown where people walk place to place, the Kroeger, Wal-mart Taco bell etc are all driving distance.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)
I'm also a winter person. There is nothing I enjoy more that a foot of snow on the ground and weather in the 10's. And it has nothing to do with snow days.

Hell, I love it so much I plan to settle my family in Alaska or the U.P. of Michigan one day.

The winter is my favorite season of the year because of snow! I love snow sooooo much and i'm hoping we get a direct hit! I don't want to go to school and I want to just watch the snow fall. I too plan to move to the U.P. of michigan when i'm older because i go snowmobiling there every year and it's unbelievable! Bring it on!

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 1, 2006 -> 09:34 AM)
Where o' where is the rolly eyes and shake head smiley????

I got rid of it, specifically for this thread. :P

I actually like Snowboarding, and well, that's about it when it comes to Snow.

Still isn't much of any snow out there. This sucks. I have a vacation day today so I was hoping it would snow. Oh well, still some time left but now weather.com is saying only 4-8" rather than that 8-12" they were saying last night.

I do not like the iciness though. Hope Brain is careful on his way home this morning.

My grass still isn't completely covered. But apparently it is coming down in Niles (Brain just called with the weather report from Niles ;) ).

I am guessing there is plenty of ice out there there considering how it has been sleeting on and off all night.

Edited by Queen Prawn