$10M - what do you do with it?

sox-r-us

Oh all joking aside, we say $10M but.... are they reinvesting the money from our 2.9M attendance record last year, the slight increase in season ticket prices, and the revenue from the newly added skybox luxury suites???

So, is it really $10M or is it much more? OR after JR got the ball from Konerko in a tear jerking ceremony has he decided to cut payroll and put an extra $10M in his pension fund so when he retires he can purchase the Dodgers?

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
How about Luis Gonzalez for LF to go with Kenny Lofton for CF - both temporary short gaps?

Luis should not break the bank and we could get him for a short, reasonable deal

Last year's #s - 0.271, 15 HRs, 73 RBI, OBP 0.352, SLG 0.444

Luis signed with the Dodgers for $7M or $8M 1 year

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
How about Luis Gonzalez for LF to go with Kenny Lofton for CF - both temporary short gaps?

Luis should not break the bank and we could get him for a short, reasonable deal

He's not a free agent.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)
:lol: But he could hit 40 HRs too at the Cell .... if we are not going to be a grinding team, might as well slug our way to the playoffs.

Back to the old ways eh? The 80 something years without a title.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 10:30 PM)
He's not a free agent.

I swear I read he was talking to the Dodgers

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...ay.scoop/2.html

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 10:30 PM)
He's not a free agent.

This time we have 5 pitchers too still and do not have Kip Wells starting

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
:lol: But he could hit 40 HRs too at the Cell .... if we are not going to be a grinding team, might as well slug our way to the playoffs.

"And there we have it folks, after 12 SOLO home runs from the White Sox 3-4-5-6 hitters, the Dodger's have just won the world series 13-12."

Pitching and Grinding got us the first ring... pitching and grinding will be the only thing that gets us more!

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alou? lofton? Gonzalez? Brian Sabean, is that you?

How about you doing some research before making these posts?

MLB.com is reporting that the Dodgers and Luis Gonzalez have agreed to terms on a one-year, $7 million contract.

It looks like the Orioles and Cardinals were given chances to go to two years, but neither did. Gonzalez's deal with the Dodgers is set to be announced Thursday. His arrival to play left field leaves James Loney without much chance of a starting job entering the season. Andre Ethier is probably going to start in right.

Alou was signed awhile ago, and Kenny Lofton is a clubhouse cancer and caused problems with the Sox in 2002. He's not coming back.

QUOTE(ChiSox9 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 02:34 PM)
"And there we have it folks, after 12 SOLO home runs from the White Sox 3-4-5-6 hitters, the Dodger's have just won the world series 13-12."

Pitching and Grinding got us the first ring... pitching and grinding will be the only thing that gets us more!

I bet you pitching and bombing will do the same thing. As would pitching and running, pitching and defense, pitching and standing around laughing at the crowd.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 10:36 PM)
I bet you pitching and bombing will do the same thing. As would pitching and running, pitching and defense, pitching and standing around laughing at the crowd.

Correct... i should have just said pitching and "Balta please fill in whatever you please here"

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
It looks like the Orioles and Cardinals were given chances to go to two years, but neither did. Gonzalez's deal with the Dodgers is set to be announced Thursday. His arrival to play left field leaves James Loney without much chance of a starting job entering the season. Andre Ethier is probably going to start in right.

Now from the Dodgers side, that just doesn't seem smart to me...you've got great kids, they're performing, but you keep spending tons of money on blocking them. I understand maybe grabbing one outfielder since Kemp isn't ready yet, but grabbing 2 outfielders and bringing back Nomah, so that Loney has no where to play this year and Kemp and Loney will be competing for 1 open spot next year?

QUOTE(ChiSox9 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
Correct... i should have just said pitching and "Balta please fill in whatever you please here"

Now you're getting the idea. For the Cardinals, for example, it was pitching and David Eckstein, and the occasional brain cramp by the Tigers pitching.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(ChiSox9 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 10:34 PM)

Again, where are we changing any pitchers by using the 10M to upgrade the OF? :chair

Garcia deal is done....now what do we do? Go get Zito ......is that what you are saying?????

QUOTE(Jeeves @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Overwhelm Toby Hall with an offer.

Kenny has to realize that if (god forbid) AJ were to go down with an injury we would be absolutely screwed. We have NO ONE within the organization that can replace him.

Is he even that good as a catcher? We need a legit defensive catcher.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
Again, where are we changing any pitchers by using the 10M to upgrade the OF? :chair

Garcia deal is done....now what do we do? Go get Zito ......is that what you are saying?????

Not at all. Upgrade with speed and hitting not power.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)

Any team signing Barry Zito will wind up regretting it.

And the OF is upgraded just by having Anderson in his 2nd year instead of his first. LF could be improved, but the OF is already going to improve.

The moves i would make if i were KW.

Sign Bengie Molina please, as everyone has stated if AJP goes down we're screwed. He was used in a platoon back up role in Toronto and he would help us against LHP. Hes a nice right handed bat to come off the bench and hes a two time GGer and hes pretty clutch.

Send Uribe and Rogo to the Giants for Vizquel.

Send Jon to Texas along with Scott for Arias Hurley Volzquez and Masset.

Deal Phillips and possibly Logan to the Reds or Yankees for Melky Cabrera or Chirs Denorfia

07 white sox

LF Cabrera/Denorfia S/R

SS Vizquel S

DH Thome L

1B Konerko R

RF Dye R

C AJP L

3B Crede R

2B Iguchi R

CF Anderson R

SP: Jose, MB, Javy, McCarthy, Floyd/Volquez/Haeger

BP: Jenks, MacDougal, Thornton, Aardsma, Floyd/Volquez/Haeger/Logan/Perez

Bench: Molina, Gload, Mackowiak, Ozuna, Cintron

Denorfia and Cabrera can both play CF.

Beyond 07:

Try to re-sign MB to a deal similar to Oswalt and if not let him walk for draft picks.

Move Jose to open spots a spot in our rotation for Broadway, Hurley, Volquez/Floyd, Haeger and Gio and fill organizational needs (possibly a young C or 2B depending on the '07 draft).

Let Crede prove '06 wasn't a career year and if he does offer him a contract similar to Paul's; the market will eventually correct itself, and if not move him. Also depending on how 07 is going for Crede if he has truly turned the corner and your going to open the check book for him, start attempting to convert Josh to 2B if not Josh takes over in '08 at the hot corner.

Offer Dye a reasonable contract if he performs in '07 remotely close to what he did in '06, if not take the draft picks and let Sweeney take over in RF.

I view Vizquel and Uribe in the same light, Juan has done nothing but regress at the plate and Omar is 40 years old '07 could very well be his last year; to me they're both 1 year players. Arias takes over at SS in '07.

QUOTE(beautox @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 11:36 PM)
The moves i would make if i were KW.

Sign Bengie Molina please, as everyone has stated if AJP goes down we're screwed. He was used in a platoon back up role in Toronto and he would help us against LHP. Hes a nice right handed bat to come off the bench and hes a two time GGer and hes pretty clutch.

Bengie is gone - 3 yr deal.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 05:31 PM)
Any team signing Barry Zito will wind up regretting it.

And the OF is upgraded just by having Anderson in his 2nd year instead of his first. LF could be improved, but the OF is already going to improve.

Anderson should improve, who knows what we'll get out of Podsednik, my question is will day have the year he did last season?