2007 MLB Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 12, 2007 -> 10:00 PM)
God the Phillies bullpen sucks

Good thing they let Garcia start the 7th inning after giving up 100 hits in the 6th inning. I can't stand listening to Ron Santo. He's such a whiny b****...I hope that f***er never gets into the HOF.

J.J. Hardy with homer #11, RBI #34, and run scored #25 to get his average to .333 on a grand slam that put a 12-3 Brewers win at the Mets out of reach. Now he's been amazing, but this is a guy that had 25 home runs and a 737 OPS in 1122 minor league at bats. Color me suspecious.

Still glad the Brewers are doing well. Tony Gwynn Jr. lead off and played RF, going 3 for 5 to improve his average to .406 in 32 at bats, Prince was 2 for 4 with a double, even Craig Counsell and Tony Graffanino got into the act hitting (although the previously red hot Geoff Jenkins was 0 for 5 with 7 left on base, ouch).

BIG WILLIE STYLE!!!

mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2007/open/tp/archive05/051207_atlpit_harris_4hit_reel_tp_350.wmv?ct3=-1&ct4=mlb&ct5=13-May-07

COPY AND PASTE INTO A NEW WINDOW FOR AWESOMENESS!

4 for 5 tonight, .467 average. If we kept Willie, we'd be undefeated :(

Also, the "throw in" as part of Mr. Gyroball, Hideki Okajima, has been amazing this year, has to be a ROY candidate. 1.2 scoreless allowing 2 hits and 1 k today gets his ERA to 0.48. In fact, the ONLY RUN he's allowed all year was a home run on opening day (April 2nd) by John Buck. In 18.2 IP, he's allowed 9 hits, and has 4 walks and 22 k's. He also entered today with the oft seen higher WHIP (0.65) than ERA (0.53), and today's results will see that trend live on.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

The Marlins lost a game in what may have been as spectacular fashion as I've ever seen tonight. After 3 hours and 38 minutes in rain delays and a 3 hour game that ended at 1:45 AM local time, the Marlins lose 7-3 at Washington. They left 12 men on base, gave up an inside the park homer on a misplay, and STILL led 3-2 going to the last of the 9th. An RBI single tied it, Christian Guzman did what Christian Guzman does though and struck out with bases loaded one out and the game now tied. With 2 outs and the bases loaded, the Marlins brought in Jorge Julio, who is having one of the worst years I've ever seen a guy have out of the pen. He then proceeds to nearly hit Marlin killer Ryan Zimmerman on the first pitch, and then serves up a fastball on a tee the 2nd pitch, which is deposited over the left field wall for a walk off grand slam. Amazing.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:14 AM)
The Marlins lost a game in what may have been as spectacular fashion as I've ever seen tonight. After 3 hours and 38 minutes in rain delays and a 3 hour game that ended at 1:45 AM local time, the Marlins lose 7-3 at Washington. They left 12 men on base, gave up an inside the park homer on a misplay, and STILL led 3-2 going to the last of the 9th. An RBI single tied it, Christian Guzman did what Christian Guzman does though and struck out with bases loaded one out and the game now tied. With 2 outs and the bases loaded, the Marlins brought in Jorge Julio, who is having one of the worst years I've ever seen a guy have out of the pen. He then proceeds to nearly hit Marlin killer Ryan Zimmerman on the first pitch, and then serves up a fastball on a tee the 2nd pitch, which is deposited over the left field wall for a walk off grand slam. Amazing.

And no one noticed, I guarantee it. Sad.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:31 AM)
Is Gwynn Jr worth a stab in fantasy?

Not yet, that OF is still too crowded.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:16 AM)
And no one noticed, I guarantee it. Sad.

Well I'm a baseball nerd and I noticed it and was impressed. That made even the most spectacular of losses by Iowa State look tame. I actually laughed it was so amazing. That is what makes the game great, weird ish like that.

Mets optioned RHP Mike Pelfrey to Triple-A Norfolk.

The Mets could recall Pelfrey next week and put him right back into the rotation, but it makes more sense to go with Jorge Sosa right now. A couple of months in Triple-A would do Pelfrey a lot of good.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 10, 2007 -> 12:18 PM)
4-4 in steals.

.517 OBP.

:notworthy

We always knew he had the ability.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 12, 2007 -> 03:20 PM)
J.J. Hardy with homer #11, RBI #34, and run scored #25 to get his average to .333 on a grand slam that put a 12-3 Brewers win at the Mets out of reach. Now he's been amazing, but this is a guy that had 25 home runs and a 737 OPS in 1122 minor league at bats. Color me suspecious.

Still glad the Brewers are doing well. Tony Gwynn Jr. lead off and played RF, going 3 for 5 to improve his average to .406 in 32 at bats, Prince was 2 for 4 with a double, even Craig Counsell and Tony Graffanino got into the act hitting (although the previously red hot Geoff Jenkins was 0 for 5 with 7 left on base, ouch).

I love Gwynn Jr. The guy plays the game right (just like one of my all time fav's, his old man).