2007 MLB Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaret Wright to the 15 day DL. I never knew he came off it.

El Duque and Jose Valentin are both going to be out a while. 15 day DL for both. Partially torn ligament in the leg for Jose, Shoulder Bursitis for Duque. Man, John Maine is saving that team, but they still need more pitching.

A former Mets locker room employee confessed to being a major provider of steroids to MLB, and has agreed to cooperate with federal and MLB investigations. There were some reports that this guy was one of, if not the biggest supplier to MLB after Balco was put out of business.

Bob Wickman to the 15 day DL with a bad back.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 02:52 PM)
And Willie mf'n Harris brought up!!! :headbang

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 02:55 PM)
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Looks like i'll be watchin Braves games on the SuperStation.

ADSJFKAJ@#$!*@(#M!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Brian @ May 1, 2007 -> 07:37 PM)
Papelbon blows a save, giving up a 2 run homer to Travis Buck in the 9th and still not out of the woods yet.

ESPN cries.

Don't feel too sorry for the network, the Yankees are up 9-0 and Phillip "The Savior" Hughes has a no-hitter through 6. :bang

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ May 1, 2007 -> 09:00 PM)
Don't feel too sorry for the network, the Yankees are up 9-0 and Phillip "The Savior" Hughes has a no-hitter through 6. :bang

I will give ESPN this, Papelbon and Hughes both ain't no joke (despite Travis Buck Dye'ing Papelbomb tonight, and it looks like BoSox are going to lose in 10).

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ May 1, 2007 -> 09:00 PM)

He had to come out due to a strained hamstring. No hitter still alive for now.

Mike Piazza to the DL for 4 to 6 weeks with a shoulder injury. This could seriously hasten Billy Beane deciding to go for a sell off.

Tom Gordon is out for a while after feeling pain in his throwing shoulder. The Phillies continue to spiral.

Carl Pavano is on his way to Dr. Andrews.

King Felix will take a little more time off.

QUOTE(beautox @ May 2, 2007 -> 07:34 PM)
The rays have some pretty awesome promotions and give aways and they're putting and exciting growing team on the field.

I still got my Wade Boggs bobblehead and poster up in my room from the giveaway they had when I went to a Rays game in late July of 2005 right around when he was inducted into the HOF. He even gave a cool speech before the game. Best promotional night I've ever been to.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 3, 2007 -> 01:05 PM)
I still got my Wade Boggs bobblehead and poster up in my room from the giveaway they had when I went to a Rays game in late July of 2005 right around when he was inducted into the HOF. He even gave a cool speech before the game. Best promotional night I've ever been to.

thats pretty sweet they should've had like free chicken dinner night or something though.

Tampa Bay seems to have found a couple pitchers not named Kazmir. 25 year old James Shields improved to 3-0 with a 3.74 (and 45 k's and 9 walks in 43 innings, only a 1.02 WHIP) in a 6-4 win against the Twins last night. And of all people, 37 year old ex Cardinal Al Reyes is now 1-0 with a 1.29 ERA and 0.57 WHIP, as well as 10 for 10 in saves with 18 k's and 3 walks in 14 innings after last night. And wow, B.J. Upton is really, really good.

Also, shockingly quiet news is Josh Beckett, all things considered. He is now 6-0 with a 2.72, 35 to 9 K/BB, and a 1.06 WHIP in 39.2 IP (and most important, only 1 HR allowed). Maybe this is finally the full year he puts it together.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Yeah I definitely picked up Shields in one of my fantasy leagues last night (and yes, that's how shallow my pitching staff is). I've kinda gotten lucky like that, as I picked up Ramon Ortiz and got a couple wins out of him, I still have Gil Meche, and James Shields now too. I'll take it any way I can get it.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 6, 2007 -> 07:10 PM)
Great pitching matchup about to start on ESPN -- Lincecum vs Hamels.

and Lincecum already hung the f*** out of a curveball. Victorino takes him out, and Lincecum has career era of a sideways 8.

I imagine he'll still be fine.