2007 MLB Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 6, 2007 -> 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and Lincecum already hung the f*** out of a curveball. Victorino takes him out, and Lincecum has career era of a sideways 8.

I imagine he'll still be fine.

Seaking of that, Lino Urdaneta pitched 2/3 of an inning for the Mets today. 1 hit, but no runs allowed.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 6, 2007 -> 06:10 PM)
Great pitching matchup about to start on ESPN -- Lincecum vs Hamels.

Haven't been this excited for a non-Sox ESPN Sunday night game in a while.

This Linecum has really good stuff despite the 2 run homer he struck out side. The giants really have a good young staff they just need to get younger with their Position players and they have a good future

Edited by chisoxfan79

Lincecum vs Hamels (my favorite young pitcher)

It can't get much better than that. (in the future especially) Hopefully Hamels will prove why the Cy Young is his after this season even though Peavy has been a monster.

Edited by SoxAce

Only saw some of Lincecum. You can tell by his arsenal and make up that he could be very good. Typical first major league start jitters with all the walks. I think his next start will show what he can be.

Anybody see the benches clear in the Sea-Nyy game today? Phelps goes way out of his way to run Johjima over, so Washburn hits Phelps his next AB and Phelps just goes to first. Then Proctor throws one behind Betancourt and that's when the melee happened. No punches thrown however.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 7, 2007 -> 03:18 AM)
Only saw some of Lincecum. You can tell by his arsenal and make up that he could be very good. Typical first major league start jitters with all the walks. I think his next start will show what he can be.

Giants should make him into a closer sooner, rather than later. His stuff deteriorated quickly after the first inning.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 6, 2007 -> 10:57 PM)
Giants should make him into a closer sooner, rather than later. His stuff deteriorated quickly after the first inning.

Yea, I noticed that too. But he was probably taking something off too improve his control.

Linnecum has some serious flaws to his delivery that I think are going to lead to some nasty injuries in his career. He does have some semblance to Oswalt and his stuff though (but I think for every Oswalt there are a lot more guys that end up having arm problems).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 7, 2007 -> 05:41 AM)
Linnecum has some serious flaws to his delivery that I think are going to lead to some nasty injuries in his career. He does have some semblance to Oswalt and his stuff though (but I think for every Oswalt there are a lot more guys that end up having arm problems).

Oswalt is great because he has fantastic control of his fastball to all four quadrants.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 7, 2007 -> 05:45 AM)
Brewers win again, the buzzsaw the the north ain't going away. And Francisco Cordero still has yet to allow a single run all year.

Prince Fielder is quickly becoming one of the most exciting hitters to watch bat in the majors.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 7, 2007 -> 09:33 AM)
Oswalt is great because he has fantastic control of his fastball to all four quadrants.

I could never envision Hawk describe a player in such a fashion.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 9, 2007 -> 08:59 AM)
The NL is an absolute disgrace. I attempted to gain solace watching the cubs lose and had to turn it off after a lead-off triple and walk were followed by three guys batting that were horrendous for the Pirates. The last hitter in their bench is pathetic.

Cubs got all the calls at the end and still lost, funny they can barely just get by crap teams like Pirates and Nats.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(fathom @ May 10, 2007 -> 02:36 PM)
I'll always love him for his at-bat against Lidge in the 8th. Him and Blum are definitely guys I'll always root for.

^^^^^^^^

Cubs lose 2 of 3 at home to the Pirates btw, and are now I think 7 behind the Brewers and even .500. Hold off on buying World Series tickets, Cub fans.

Edited by whitesoxfan101