Windbag Murphy Dumping on the Sox

103 mph screwball

Basically calling us scrub fans because the Sox are going to sell out and the Sox have a payroll closer to KC and Brewers than the Mets. Anyone have time to call this blow hard and remind him that the Sox have a >100 million dollar payroll and a World Series ring? This crap is nothing less than a smear campaign. Mariotti has a new soulmate.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sick of Cubs fans making dumb comments about Sox trades. comparing payrolls is just dumb. I guess if you dont spend 125 million a year your not gonna win it.

At least we didnt Sign Ted Lilly.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 06:18 PM)
At least we didnt Sign Ted Lilly.

I was arguing with a Cub fan the other day at work and heard the same few arguements....things like "At least WE made moves in the off season."

I just stood there and said "Dude...your GM just spent $40 million on Ted FRICKIN' Lilly!!!!! If KW did that I'd be pissed as hell. " Enjoy Lilly when Zambrano leaves next year.

There wasn't a reply...lol

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 12:25 PM)
And yet people are listening, and probably calling in to argue with him... turn it off and quit wasting your time.

Well i was listening and they said they've been talking lots about the Bears and wanted to take a break. So they start to do Sox talk. Which i was excited about because you dont hear to much this time of year. Than it just turned into a KW hate fest.

Is it wasting time if your at work?

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 08:34 PM)
I love Murphy. He's the ONLY show in town to turn to during the offseason for baseball talk.

You have got to be kidding me. Murph runs his show like he is catering to 10 year olds in the 1950's. He has idiotic sound effects and I'd rather listen to fingernails on a blackboard than his voice. He thinks there is always some conspiracy or something and the "Andy McPhail...FAIL" got old about 3 years ago. He needs to stuff a combo from Browns in his mouth and shut up.

Edited by Palehose13

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 06:25 PM)
And yet people are listening, and probably calling in to argue with him... turn it off and quit wasting your time.

Amen! I find myself turning off both talk radio stations more and more lately.

Like most of us I would have liked for Kenny to improve our left field and center field but not at what it woul d take to make it happen.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 08:34 PM)
I love Murphy.

Yep, I love him too. I've been listening to him for over 10 years now.

If I was just a little bit dumber, I'd be a Murph basher. :D

I couldn't care less about the fact that he's a Cubs fan, though. I think that you're a meathead if you do, but that's just my opinion.

QUOTE(Palehose13 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 12:53 PM)
You have got to be kidding me. Murph runs his show like he is catering to 10 year olds in the 1950's. He has idiotic sound effects and I'd rather listen to fingernails on a blackboard than his voice. He thinks there is always some conspiracy or something and the "Andy McPhail...FAIL" got old about 3 years ago. He needs to stuff a combo from Browns in his mouth and shut up.

Edited by Balta1701

I don't have any respect for Murph's opinion, but he is about the only show that talks baseball this time of year.

That said, he did talk to a minor league analyst from BP and his opinions were:

a. That Haeger should be the fifth starter.

b. Even if Floyd wins the fifth spot, he's nothing more that a place holder (barring a Coop miracle).

c. Danks is a top 5 or 10 lefty prospect. Not a top 2 like KW says. (everyone knew that I guess)

He had some other things to say that I can't remember particularly, but I was most surprised by the Haeger comment. I know some people here like him, but this guy liked him a lot.

QUOTE(G&T @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 04:20 PM)
I don't have any respect for Murph's opinion, but he is about the only show that talks baseball this time of year.

That said, he did talk to a minor league analyst from BP and his opinions were:

a. That Haeger should be the fifth starter.

b. Even if Floyd wins the fifth spot, he's nothing more that a place holder (barring a Coop miracle).

c. Danks is a top 5 or 10 lefty prospect. Not a top 2 like KW says. (everyone knew that I guess)

He had some other things to say that I can't remember particularly, but I was most surprised by the Haeger comment. I know some people here like him, but this guy liked him a lot.

What was his opinion on Marquis and Lilly then?