More reason to love the media

Gregory Pratt

From a Sun-Times piece about Barrett-Pierzynski:

10 reasons to pop A.J.

Cubs players (who opted to remain anonymous) were quick to give Gordon Wittenmyer a list. Here's what they had to say:

10. "Because he thinks he's a professional wrestler.''

9. "Humility check."

8. "No comment."

7. "Because he's a professional wrestler. But I don't want his [championship] belt.''

6. "There's just some things you can't do, like show the other guy up.''

5. "The stupid attitude he has on the field.''

4. "Every time he makes an out, he tries to run right by you and act like a tough guy.''

3. "Why waste your time?"

2. "Because he's so embarrassed of his actual name that he uses initials.''

1. "Because he's A.J."

Wow.

I'm not one to complain, but it's rather slimely of a Sun-Times journalist to anonymously question players on why they dislike Pierzysnki.

Considering how Pierzynki's regarded as the most irritating player in baseball, those excuses are lame. This lists sounds like people disliking A.J. due to his reputation more than anything else.

It's only fair now if Cowley responds back with "Reason to dislike Zambrano." I'm sure our players will be far more creative.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

They have a right to not like AJ. So do the fans. Sometimes it is his attitude that irritates the opposing team. A lot of times lately he's been blown up to be the bad guy without doing anything.

Now that I have said that, what the hell is the reason to make this article? It's pointless, it provides no insight, did I say it's pointless? I mean to really make an article like this the person who wrote it really must have nothing else to write about. If that's the case he should take a hike.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 11:15 PM)
I still contest that the severe groin injury that a-hole Barrett suffered was simply karma at work, good riddance. That article is a simple panicked response to today, a day in which Mark Prior threw a fastball clocked at....wait for it.....82 miles an hour.

Give me a week to get going and I could go out and do that.

When Konerko hits a dong off of Zambozo in the interleague games, he should stand at the plate and scream "NICE PITCH CUPCAKE" and then jog around the bases. When he comes to home plate, he should do a point to the sky, then a double tap for the sosa memory. That should put bozo into such a rage that he immediately pisses his pants.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 08:52 AM)
When Konerko hits a dong off of Zambozo in the interleague games, he should stand at the plate and scream "NICE PITCH CUPCAKE" and then jog around the bases. When he comes to home plate, he should do a point to the sky, then a double tap for the sosa memory. That should put bozo into such a rage that he immediately pisses his pants.

LMFAO! You win the thread!

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy