The Midwest Bracket (St. Louis)

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
Wisconsin shooting 16% from the field...holy hell. And its not like they can come from behind with huge point outbursts.

I think 57 points in the 2nd half would qualify as coming from behind with huge point outbursts, Capn.

:P

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You score in games you need to score in. It would be one thing if teams were putting up 80 and wisconsin was always hitting 60, but there is a reason that they score less, they slow down the game. If you are taking 30 seconds per possession you are not going to get as many points as running up and down the court.

Its easier to try and run and have to make something happen when you have quality offensive players, than it is for a team that is great offensively to have to play an entire game of half court defensive oriented basketball.

Havent seen much of Nevada this year, but if Wisconsin plays their game (2nd half of today) then I dont really see a problem. They just cant be so terrible to start, because they do have a tendency to come back but at the same time youd rather not be in that position.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 04:40 PM)
You score in games you need to score in. It would be one thing if teams were putting up 80 and wisconsin was always hitting 60, but there is a reason that they score less, they slow down the game. If you are taking 30 seconds per possession you are not going to get as many points as running up and down the court.

Its easier to try and run and have to make something happen when you have quality offensive players, than it is for a team that is great offensively to have to play an entire game of half court defensive oriented basketball.

Havent seen much of Nevada this year, but if Wisconsin plays their game (2nd half of today) then I dont really see a problem. They just cant be so terrible to start, because they do have a tendency to come back but at the same time youd rather not be in that position.

You can't deny that their offense was absolutely atrocious those first 15 minutes against a very mediocre team. It was amazing to watch them continue to shoot from the outside after no outside shot was falling for so long and not going inside and driving against a weaker team. A better team would have taken advantage and really gotten a huge lead. Valiant effort by that team from texas but they were overmatched and just ran out of gas. But maybe wisconsin has gotten it out of their system and come out like in the 2nd half their next game. Should be interesting.

After switching between this game and the OT nevada-creighton game, I'm interested in seeing neveda-wisconsin.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 08:35 PM)
Well the Big Ten closes the first round 5-1, with Purdue's victory.

Yeah, U of I collapse or not the Big Ten did very well. A strong 2nd round showing would eliminate the arguments that they had good matchups.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 01:47 PM)
CBS or whom ever believes that Purdue has a bigger following than Wisconsin up here in Lake County. I bet some people are peeved.

I dont think we will have to worry SIU will be broadcasted throughout current set of games, if purdue keeps it close then we might be back there to see that game end. Same with UNLV and Wisc

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 02:35 PM)
I did the same dont feel bad. I kept hearing all the good things from my cousin bout Tech so I switched.

Yea I read an article about GT and how Hewitt said their freshman were playing at another level. Well Hewitt, you lied to me.