The Midwest Bracket (St. Louis)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ND gets boned, really not surprised though since the committee has never showed ND any love.

Go play in Spokane against a dangerous mid-major. Then if you survive, play Oregon in a legit road game.

The only thing ND can do now is prove the committee wrong and use this as motivation. Let's Go Irish!

QUOTE(Fotop @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 10:50 PM)
ND gets boned, really not surprised though since the committee has never showed ND any love.

Go play in Spokane against a dangerous mid-major. Then if you survive, play Oregon in a legit road game.

The only thing ND can do now is prove the committee wrong and use this as motivation. Let's Go Irish!

The entire Big East was given no love, but the Big 10 did get some love. I don't understand it. The entire crowd will be rooting for Winthrop.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 05:52 PM)
The entire Big East was given no love, but the Big 10 did get some love. I don't understand it. The entire crowd will be rooting for Winthrop.

Seriously, the Big East got completely shafted.

And ND will have negative fans in Spokane. Only silver lining I see is that if they somehow survive the Pacific Northwest gauntlet, they get Wisconsin who looks very beatable.

I don't see what is so bad about Florida being the overall #1. They are defending national champs and played like it all year, sans one small stretch and they completely took care of business in the conference tourney.

I don't think UNC or KU should be ahead of them and I think you could make a case for OSU but I think Florida has the better resume.

Wisky and Florida with much harder roads than everybody thinks. Tech could easily beat Wisky (although that's a tough task in Chicago), Oregon could beat Wisky in the Sweet 16, and Florida might have to deal with Arizona and Maryland back to back. This was the one bracket that I spent more than a few minutes on, and I have a feeling it's the one I'll suck most at with predictions.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 07:28 PM)
I don't see what is so bad about Florida being the overall #1. They are defending national champs and played like it all year, sans one small stretch and they completely took care of business in the conference tourney.

I don't think UNC or KU should be ahead of them and I think you could make a case for OSU but I think Florida has the better resume.

KU beat Florida

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 08:55 PM)
KU beat Florida

Maybe I'm mistaken, but wasn't Florida going through the flu/injuries when the two teams played (not to lessen it, just to say that I don't think the two teams have played each other at 100% yet).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 10:58 PM)
Maybe I'm mistaken, but wasn't Florida going through the flu/injuries when the two teams played (not to lessen it, just to say that I don't think the two teams have played each other at 100% yet).

No. Their FSU loss is when Brewer was out and Noah was insanely sick.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 11:13 PM)
No. Their FSU loss is when Brewer was out and Noah was insanely sick.

You are correct sir. Brewer had mono and Noah was coughing up a lung.

Despite my hat I have Florida beating Wisconsin in this bracket. Although, I am tempted by a UNLV upset of Wisc.

I had UNLV upsetting Wisconsin then I decided against UNLV and went with GT all the way to the Sweet 16. God I dont know what to do. I suppose I'll just listen to Paul Hewitt and hope his freshman are playing as well as he says they are.