Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (T R U @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 02:07 AM)
So I went to Uproar tonight, Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed were awesome, and we caught wind of where A7X were going to be after the show.. so we went, they weren't there and about 30 mins later I turn around and M Shadows and Mike Portnoy are at the bar.. it was badass.. When we were leaving the rest of em were coming in and I did the head nod "whats up dude" and Gates said "sup buddy" and topped off an excellent night..

Now Bullet for my Valentine next Saturday and I will have had quite the metal week..

I could have had free tickets to Uproar last Friday night here in Pelham, AL, as well as an autographed AX7 press kit. Didn't find out until after the fact, my stepfather-in-law helped with the pyrotechnics because he's one of the Shelby County fire marshalls. He gave the tickets and the press kit to his bloody daughter.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 11:27 AM)
I could have had free tickets to Uproar last Friday night here in Pelham, AL, as well as an autographed AX7 press kit. Didn't find out until after the fact, my stepfather-in-law helped with the pyrotechnics because he's one of the Shelby County fire marshalls. He gave the tickets and the press kit to his bloody daughter.

What a douche, doing something nice for his daughter!!!

:P

I picked up my ticket for Suicidal Tendencies, and I'm not giving it to my daughter!!!

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 11:51 AM)
What a douche, doing something nice for his daughter!!!

:P

I picked up my ticket for Suicidal Tendencies, and I'm not giving it to my daughter!!!

She's a b***h and a music snob, she's not a fan. Mike Muir's still alive?

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 10:14 PM)
She's a b***h and a music snob, she's not a fan. Mike Muir's still alive?

Yeah, he's the only original left, I believe, although it seems Mike Clark is still there and he's been there since '87.

And I was just messin' about the daughter, but either way a dad's usually going to do a solid for his kid.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
So thoughts on the new Linkin Park album? Here's mine, wtf.

Haven't listened to the whole thing yet, I do like "The Catalyst" and "Wretches And Kings" though. I'm guessing it's a concept album.

I am really afraid that I am growing out of my love for music cause I haven't heard anything new and fresh that has tingled my music senses in a while. Someone please refer me to something melodic, different, and powerful. (Including bmags). I need some s*** that can get my juices flowing musically again.

QUOTE (IceCreamPants @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)
I am really afraid that I am growing out of my love for music cause I haven't heard anything new and fresh that has tingled my music senses in a while. Someone please refer me to something melodic, different, and powerful. (Including bmags). I need some s*** that can get my juices flowing musically again.

Yeah right, and have you follow me around the next 2 months like a puppy? No thanks, dude. :bang

I don't really know what you listen to but I feel the exact same way. I can't STAND FM radio, it is filled with s*** that not only sucks but is overplayed. I never though I would see the day where I actually started to get into electronic music. That said, I cannot get enough of it now, House, (old, new, doesn't matter) Techno (Detroit techno, minimal techno, etc.) it is amazing - some of it is very annoying such as electro and whatnot but some of it is incredible. There are so many different genres within one electronic song, jazz, blues, reggae, classical, hip hop, it is making a comeback like it was in the 90's but is still very underrated. Just went to fabric in London (voted #1 club in the world many many times) and they stayed open from 11 PM until 3:45 PM the next day playing nothing but electronic music, I was in heaven. I actually went to see a guy who is also voted as one of the best DJ's in the world from Chile, the guy is incredible (Ricardo Villalobos - http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1119), he will go from playing a really deep techno/house song, into a Marvin Gaye song and then into some Classical music from like 4 centuries ago. It is very interesting to me

You really have to listen to the song to hear everything that is going on (shouldn't be a problem with someone that loves all music) but I also know that it is tough to get into it (my girlfriend hates it) -

It definitely takes awhile to get used to but once you find some of it that you like, you really start to listen to more of it and become attached (unless you really have no interest, than I cannot help you haha)

Here is one of his songs playing with a mini-movie, pretty cool IMO -

Edited by Chi Town Sox

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 04:03 PM)
I'm a big Villalobos fan. That must have been awesome. Juan Atkins is playing tonight at Smartbar.

I know that would be sick! It is really tough to go out to places like Smartbar and spybar because all of my friends and girlfriend are not into electronic music, so any chance I get, I jump on it. If you are ever in London, you must check out fabric, Ricardo started at 9 AM, my girlfriend and I actually went to bed and woke up to go straight there LOL. There are many articles out there talking about how magical it is when he plays there, subs are actually connected to the dance floor so it bounces like a trampoline and he is VERY experimental there. It was pretty cool actually, for the first time at fabric the fire alarm had an issue and opened up the windows so the sun was peeking in, it was really cool

Too bad he doesn't play in the states because of some unfortunate interrogations he had faced some years back. I will try to upload a couple pictures when I get home

fabric also just came out with plans for their 11th birthday party, check out the date and time at the top, it's unreal how they party there

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=150507411647232

Edited by Chi Town Sox

Depends on what you like, I can recommend tons of stuff.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)
I don't really know what you listen to but I feel the exact same way. I can't STAND FM radio, it is filled with s*** that not only sucks but is overplayed.

Sirius XM, I couldn't live without it. They're always breaking new artists. Half the stuff I own I wouldn't have heard of without it.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 04:35 PM)
Sirius XM, I couldn't live without it. They're always breaking new artists. Half the stuff I own I wouldn't have heard of without it.

I had it on my Grand Prix when I first bought it but the renewal cost was outrageous (like $40) but I just heard the other day from a friend that they pay $12, do you mind if I ask what your price is?

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
I had it on my Grand Prix when I first bought it but the renewal cost was outrageous (like $40) but I just heard the other day from a friend that they pay $12, do you mind if I ask what your price is?

$14.93 a month, it's well worth it to avoid commercials. Plus, you get unedited music and quite a bit stuff to listen to.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)
I know that would be sick! It is really tough to go out to places like Smartbar and spybar because all of my friends and girlfriend are not into electronic music, so any chance I get, I jump on it. If you are ever in London, you must check out fabric, Ricardo started at 9 AM, my girlfriend and I actually went to bed and woke up to go straight there LOL. There are many articles out there talking about how magical it is when he plays there, subs are actually connected to the dance floor so it bounces like a trampoline and he is VERY experimental there. It was pretty cool actually, for the first time at fabric the fire alarm had an issue and opened up the windows so the sun was peeking in, it was really cool

Too bad he doesn't play in the states because of some unfortunate interrogations he had faced some years back. I will try to upload a couple pictures when I get home

fabric also just came out with plans for their 11th birthday party, check out the date and time at the top, it's unreal how they party there

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=150507411647232

Yeah, I've always wanted to check out Fabric. I had a subscription to their mix series for quite some time. That can be hit or miss depending on the artist.

You going to DEMF next year?

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (TomPickle @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 10:39 PM)
Got my ticket Godspeed You! Black Emperor ticket for the Sunday show. :D

I haven't been this excited for a show since the My Bloody Valentine reunion in 2008.

"You're gonna go off to college and get into Godspeed You! Black Emperor."