Music Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
I've used Pandora and found more than a few new bands/artists I've dug.

It depends on your station though, the more obscure the artist/song, the better, because an office mate of mine put on a U2 station and it basically churned out U2, Coldplay, and RHCP non-stop... I've never really had that problem...

devo is a good station.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (3E8 @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 02:46 AM)
grooveshark.com

This is true, basically picked up where lala left off (probably better since I never understood what or how much i was paying on lala), but it is also a lot of work to put together a list and stuff. I think that's why pandora is nice cause you can just leave it on. Luckily at my work all of our itunes are on a network and i have a bunch of stuff i can listen to all day.

QUOTE (Nunnigan @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 12:09 PM)
That too is becoming more radio-ized. When I first started listening to Pandora (about 5 years ago), they played pretty much exactly what I wanted to listen to, and you could skip as many songs as you want. Now they have commercials after every handful of songs, you only have a certain amount of song skips, and more and more songs are showing up that I dont like on stations I created.

I've also found that it repeats certain songs a lot if you tell it you like them. Again, I'd rather listen to my music and find new bands through word of mouth/friends.

If you're going to listen to a radio of sorts however, Pandora or a local station that you know is solid would be the way to go. I just prefer being my own DJ.

Edited by Felix

Well, I thought I was going to see Xavier Rudd at House of Blues next Friday. But, due to a series of horribly botched negotiations, it now seems I will be babysitting four kids while my wife and three girlfriends goes to the show.

Dad Gummit!

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 03:45 PM)
Should I be ashamed to like this Kanye West, Raekwon & Justin Bieber song?

Yes. I refuse to listen to it. WTF happened to hip hop? Some of these artists need to get a history lesson. Start with EPMD's "Crossover".

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 03:46 PM)
Yes. I refuse to listen to it. WTF happened to hip hop? Some of these artists need to get a history lesson. Start with EPMD's "Crossover".

Eh, there's been worse in hip-hop. It reminds me of those r&b remixes from the 90s.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 12:23 AM)
I absolutely love this album, "Dead in the Water" is by far my favorite. Such an underrated band.

I swear, we have so much in common. Do you like their other albums? They're great live, I've seen them 4 times at small clubs.

Edited by JPN366

Just got an email announcing this and I thought I'd share with you guys:

LCD Soundsystem

Aragon Ballroom

18 and over show

Monday, October 25th

Tickets go on sale Saturday, September 11 @ 10AM

Presale is Friday, September 10th from 10 AM until 10 PM - password is change

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:04 AM)
I swear, we have so much in common. Do you like their other albums? They're great live, I've seen them 4 times at small clubs.

Agreed. I have all their albums and yeah I've seen them live twice. I'm still stuck listening to Feeding the Wolves, I haven't listened to anything else since it came out.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
Agreed. I have all their albums and yeah I've seen them live twice. I'm still stuck listening to Feeding the Wolves, I haven't listened to anything else since it came out.

They're almost flawless live. I hope they're still as good with Brian moving drums to guitar and having a new drummer. "Fade Into (The Ocean)" is by far the best track.

So I went to Uproar tonight, Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed were awesome, and we caught wind of where A7X were going to be after the show.. so we went, they weren't there and about 30 mins later I turn around and M Shadows and Mike Portnoy are at the bar.. it was badass.. When we were leaving the rest of em were coming in and I did the head nod "whats up dude" and Gates said "sup buddy" and topped off an excellent night..

Now Bullet for my Valentine next Saturday and I will have had quite the metal week..