Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 08:29 PM)
Does anybody here like Nicki Minaj (for her actual rapping ability, not her Barbiedoll body)? I know she is annoying to a lot of people but about 10 days ago she started growing on me.

She did a freestyle that I watched somewhere that made me take notice...but other than that, I can't stand her voice enough to give her a legit shot.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 07:29 PM)
Does anybody here like Nicki Minaj (for her actual rapping ability, not her Barbiedoll body)? I know she is annoying to a lot of people but about 10 days ago she started growing on me.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 08:47 PM)
She did a freestyle that I watched somewhere that made me take notice...but other than that, I can't stand her voice enough to give her a legit shot.

Ya I never heard of her prior to Luda's new song a couple months ago. (and Usher's new one) Just another trend artist in the game that lacks longevity IMO. Plus a quick google search sees she has fake assets.. (though I still still mess around it :ph34r: )

QUOTE (ICP! @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 08:28 AM)
WTF caused this? Unless I skimmed over it I didnt see any thoughts on what this might of been.

Beats me. He seemed recovered enough last night to endure 2 hours in a nearly 100 degree room.

That man can still lay down one hell of a guitar-laden audio assault.

I still miss Jimmy Chamberlain though.

Warped Tour was the s***!

Some bands were hilarious (Closure In Moscow), some were awful (Dillinger Escape Plan), some were fun (Andrew WK), and some were awesome (Face To Face, Alkaline Trio). Other bands like Every Time I Die were good musically but that screaming style of "singing" just ruins it for me. ETID were really good musically and put on a great show, but whenever the screamer would open his mouth, I just kind of checked out.

All in all, I had a fun time, which started before I even got to the gates. This drunk kid (yes, the kid was falling down drunk at 12:30 PM) was walking behind us and he asked us:

"What are you guys doing here? You guys are f***in' OLD!"

:lolhitting

A baby shower gift we recieved a month ago was Rock n Roll Lullaby, which is Nine Inch Nails songs turned into lullabies. Its awesome, I never knew Hurt or Head like a Hole could be a good baby lullaby, lol

My boy enjoys them though, he is 100 percent daddies boy :)

I have a special request for someone who knows how to get things... I figured I'd ask Soxtalk 'cause of all the brilliant minds that meet here :). Really easy if you live in Florence, ITaly.... I have been searching for 2 cds from a singing duo in Florence, Italy. They are street performers, thus, the only way to get their cds is to be in Florence Italy and buy them there or call them (speak Italian) and ask for it, which I can not. The performers are Anatoliy Grischuk & Natalia Lopushanskaya . If anyone has any info where I can get these from the internets, I would be ecstatic. This is a strange request yes, but I've been trying to locate these cds for almost 3 years with no luck. Yes it is opera. I'm a chick tho so peace. :P THank you to all who try.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 10:33 AM)
If anyone remembers from the top bands poll thread, my favorite band of all-time is Soundgarden, and I'm one of the lucky 1,400 who will be seeing them at the Vic tonight!

I'm so psyched, it's ridiculous.

Lately I've been listening to more of the non-single stuff from Superunknown and remembering how solid it was.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 10:23 AM)
SG is one of those bands where, if I hear them on the radio I think "oh yeah, this is okay" but I don't have a favorite song by them and I don't really have a desire to see them in concert.

You really need to just check out their albums. The best stuff never even came close to the airwaves.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 11:14 AM)
Bought Pavement tickets today. Malkmus was on Sound Opinions the other day, pretty good interview if anyone wants to check it out.

I was in Portland this past weekend, I saw Malkmus play softball because my friend plays in the same league.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 10:39 AM)
You really need to just check out their albums. The best stuff never even came close to the airwaves.

I've heard them. My wife LOVES Chris Cornell. I had to listen to his hyper-s***ty solo album when he came around by himself last time.

I was bummed when SG broke up, but was excited by his first solo effort "Euphoria Morning", Once Audioslave came out I wished he would release more solo stuff, then Audioslave broke up and I was happy, then he shat the bed with 2 horrible solo albums, now Soundgarden is back....It's a vicious circle....haha