Music Thread

greasywheels121

Any thoughts about Ray LaMontagne's latest offering? I was a huge fan of Trouble, not so much the previous two albums, but think I am really digging this one. Having the Pariah Dogs playing behind him seems to add something that has been missing.

Also finally got arounnd to picking up This is War, 30 Seconds to Mars' latest album. Pretty sweet.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
Yeah, I've always wanted to check out Fabric. I had a subscription to their mix series for quite some time. That can be hit or miss depending on the artist.

That's what I was going to say. I enjoy them for a listen but I think removed from the atmosphere and mood of a club they seem a little awkward.

That'd be really cool to go to Fabric. When I was in Brazil they talked about taking me to this huge house festival on a beach that goes on for like 24 hrs straight but i would have been too poor to go anyway. It sounded pretty great though.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 18, 2010 -> 01:56 PM)
That'd be really cool to go to Fabric. When I was in Brazil they talked about taking me to this huge house festival on a beach that goes on for like 24 hrs straight but i would have been too poor to go anyway. It sounded pretty great though.

Oh wow. That sounds awesome. I would have panhandled to go to that.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
Yeah right, and have you follow me around the next 2 months like a puppy? No thanks, dude. :bang

How dare you....how....dare.....you.

I really hate how with bmags saying that back when, now people think that I do that.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 05:01 PM)
Yeah, I've always wanted to check out Fabric. I had a subscription to their mix series for quite some time. That can be hit or miss depending on the artist.

You going to DEMF next year?

I'd like to but I do not have to many friends/family that like electronic music. I found a pretty cool website, they go into music events with 3 or 4 camera angles and tape for long periods of time. It's awesome! If you like nudity, check out Ricardo Villalobos at the Exit Festival and look for the red dots with the pop-up comments, you'll see what I am talking about LOL

http://www.be-at.tv/

So my first impression with Jimmy Eat World's latest effort is a little disappointing, unfortunately :(

They're one of my all-time favorites, so this kinda sucks haha. The album starts off really strong for the first 4 songs, particularly the opening track "Heart Is Hard to Find" which was almost instantly one of my favorite Jimmy Eat World songs, but after that they start to resort to more "slow jams" which they are great at, but it seems like the last 8 songs on the album are ALL slow, and I need more rocking from my J.E.W albums. A little more balance.

I'll give it more listens, and see if my opinion changes...

Edited by Cali

Saw Roger Waters The Wall last night, best show I will probably ever see in my life.

Only sad part is that obviously Gilmour was not there and its apparent that Gilmour and Waters will never perform a full tour together.( Gilmour will apparently play the guitar solo for Comfortably Numb 1 time). I just hope that Gilmour tours with Pink Floyd one more time, but I highly doubt it.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
Saw Roger Waters The Wall last night, best show I will probably ever see in my life.

Only sad part is that obviously Gilmour was not there and its apparent that Gilmour and Waters will never perform a full tour together.( Gilmour will apparently play the guitar solo for Comfortably Numb 1 time). I just hope that Gilmour tours with Pink Floyd one more time, but I highly doubt it.

David Gilmour is a god, we have the same b'day. :headbang

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 09:44 AM)
"The Wall" last night was intensely and amazingly awesome.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)

For you guys who have seen Waters' current tour, is he just doing The Wall or is there material from other albums as well?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)

I thought back in June they had agreed to do four shows together during Roger's US Wall tour??

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 07:04 PM)
For you guys who have seen Waters' current tour, is he just doing The Wall or is there material from other albums as well?

Just The Wall. Going in, I hoped he might do a few other songs in an encore, like The Who did when they performed Quadrophenia. Honestly though, other songs would have been anticlimactic and wouldn't have fit.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 22, 2010 -> 12:20 PM)
I listened to it online a few days ago. Like the last album, decent background music but just meh overall.

After my first listen, I agree. Although the last record had a few more songs with better hooks.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 04:21 AM)
Okay Flaming Lips fans, what are their essential albums?

the top five:

The Soft Bulletin - the best, an unbelievable album.

Clouds taste metallic

yoshimi battles the pink robots

transmission from the satellite heart

embryonic

I really liked embryonic, it kind of shocked me how good it was coming off of the pretty piss-poor at war with the mystics and it seemed like things were winding down. But yeah...the soft bulletin is just so great, i'm going to turn that on right now.