Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Feb 24, 2009 -> 03:49 PM)
Oh, REM too.

Post Bill Berry I guess REM is a trio, but they record and tour with hired guns on drums, so I decided not to include them.

Then again, I included XTC who also uses session drummers, so I'll shut up.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 04:36 AM)
My favorites:

Dinosaur Jr.

The Police

Nirvana

SRV and Double Trouble

Police For sure. . . how the hell did I leave them off my list??

I just listened to the first Dinosaur Jr. record for the first time in years. What a great album.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 24, 2009 -> 02:16 PM)
The Sex Pistols (Sid Vicious was a prop)

:D

Goddammit I had hoped for so much more out of you! Sid was only in the band for, I think, 8 months. The classic Pistol line-up, the one that recorded the material that mattered, was with Glen Matlock on bass. They were a 4 piece. I get the joke, but I am soooo sick of seeing that smackhead given the credit.

Sorry.

Best 3 piece: The Stray Cats.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 08:27 AM)
Goddammit I had hoped for so much more out of you! Sid was only in the band for, I think, 8 months. The classic Pistol line-up, the one that recorded the material that mattered, was with Glen Matlock on bass. They were a 4 piece. I get the joke, but I am soooo sick of seeing that smackhead given the credit.

Sorry.

Best 3 piece: The Stray Cats.

Wait......the Pistols had a bass player before Sid????

Of course I was completely joking! Glen was the musician in the band before he was unjustly sacked.

But for sake of accuracy, Glen didn't record more than (I think) one song on Never Mind The Bollocks - my HERO Steve Jones played the bass parts on that album.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 12:50 PM)
You guys should be ashamed of forgetting The Police And Dinosaur Jr.

I liked the Police, but wouldn't rank them with my favorites.

Had a chance at tickets to see the reunion tour but passed.

If Husker Du reunited you couldn't keep me away.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 03:40 AM)
I liked the Police, but wouldn't rank them with my favorites.

Had a chance at tickets to see the reunion tour but passed.

If Husker Du reunited you couldn't keep me away.

The Police reunion show I saw in May was one of the best arena shows I ever saw. All in all, I probably liked it better than the Synchronicity concert 25 years ago. Elvis Costello as an opener was none too shabby either, of course.

A Husker Du reunion would be great, but I doubt Bob and Grant could make it through an entire tour without killing each other.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 08:47 AM)
A Husker Du reunion would be great, but I doubt Bob and Grant could make it through an entire tour without killing each other.

Oh, I know. I wonder if their hatred for each other has dimmed at all.

When I saw them in (I think) 1987, they were on their last legs as a band. They didn't say one word to each other on stage, and only Bob "spoke" to the crowd at all. He said two words all night - "Hello" after the first song and "thanks" after the last.

That said, they were fantastic that night, and I'm really glad I got the chance to see them.