Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just found a Facebook group called Eminem or Lil' Wayne.

I asked if the question was serious and then suggested I start a group called "1997 Chicago Bulls or 2008 New York Knicks" because the answer to the question was really that easy. Eminem doesn't sound as if he is mildly retarded and has asthma when he raps.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 24, 2009 -> 07:08 PM)
So I just found a Facebook group called Eminem or Lil' Wayne.

I asked if the question was serious and then suggested I start a group called "1997 Chicago Bulls or 2008 New York Knicks" because the answer to the question was really that easy. Eminem doesn't sound as if he is mildly retarded and has asthma when he raps.

Maybe if we're talking '97-'02 Eminem...but I'm still taking Wayne in this debate.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 25, 2009 -> 02:21 PM)
Maybe if we're talking '97-'02 Eminem...but I'm still taking Wayne in this debate.

That's like saying "Maybe if we're talking about all those home runs Babe Ruth hit, but I'm still taking Jermaine Dye in this debate."

edit: I did not mean to insult JD by comparing him to Wayne, as Wayne is a joke

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 25, 2009 -> 11:41 PM)
Em's stuff sounds incredibly dated already, and is too reminiscent of a time in music that will probably looked down upon by more than me when we look back.

As opposed to when? Now? The era of ringtone hip-hop, led by the likes of Lil' Wayne? I'll take the late 90s and early 00's 10 times out of 10.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 25, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)
That's like saying "Maybe if we're talking about all those home runs Babe Ruth hit, but I'm still taking Jermaine Dye in this debate."

edit: I did not mean to insult JD by comparing him to Wayne, as Wayne is a joke

Not at all. Em had a great run, but he's been nothing since The Eminem Show album. Wayne is on a run from i'd say 2004 and still going. Not only that but the body of work is better. When Em was on, no one was touching him...not so much these days.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 06:26 PM)
So, I've now listened to Cool Kids and Hollywood Holt and it's official: hip hop is dead and stanky.

Seriously, is that the best that's out there? WOW.

Made me run for a quick fix of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO2tCBteW7U

who said they were the best that's out there? They are just fun shows to go see in the city.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 11:26 AM)
So, I've now listened to Cool Kids and Hollywood Holt and it's official: hip hop is dead and stanky.

Seriously, is that the best that's out there? WOW.

Made me run for a quick fix of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO2tCBteW7U

Yeah, I think a couple of us just gave you the names to give you an alternative. The good stuff's there, you just gotta find it.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 31, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
Try Wale or Mikkey Halsted. Right now these are 2 of my favorite "rookies" in hip-hop.

Although not technically brand new, Lupe can bring it at times. I'm not a huge fan of the production of some of his tracks though. He needs to stay away from the collaborations with Linkin Park and the like. That s*** brings him down a few notches but his rap flow is pretty solid.

Edited by BigSqwert