Here's to you, Juan Uribe

Spiff

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 24, 2007 -> 04:25 PM)
Jesus loves you more than you will know.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 24, 2007 -> 06:30 PM)
Oh oh oh.

:headbang

"Hide it in a hiding place where no one ever goes,

Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes"...

Edited by zimne piwo

I seem to remember a game against Detroit in 05', in the bottom of the 9th inning. Cliff Politte was pitching, coming in to clean up somone's mess (Cotts?). Anyways, 2 out, bases loaded, tie ballgame (this may have been the game IRod led off the inning with a triple, and was doing his stupid celebration over there on third?), I believe Brandon Inge at the dish. Hits a groundball DEEP into the hold at short. Juan, ranges far to his right, backhands the ball in the outfield grass, plants one foot, and rockets one over to Pauly, just in time to get the speedy Inge at first, and preserving the tie. We go on to win in extra innings.

We won so many games like that in 05'. What a great year.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 12:35 PM)
I seem to remember a game against Detroit in 05', in the bottom of the 9th inning. Cliff Politte was pitching, coming in to clean up somone's mess (Cotts?). Anyways, 2 out, bases loaded, tie ballgame (this may have been the game IRod led off the inning with a triple, and was doing his stupid celebration over there on third?), I believe Brandon Inge at the dish. Hits a groundball DEEP into the hold at short. Juan, ranges far to his right, backhands the ball in the outfield grass, plants one foot, and rockets one over to Pauly, just in time to get the speedy Inge at first, and preserving the tie. We go on to win in extra innings.

We won so many games like that in 05'. What a great year.

I believe that was the Frank Thomas extra inning HR fireworks game and wasn't it Polanco running down the line? But yeah, if Uribe doesn't make that play the Sox lose that game.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 01:53 PM)
The game I am remembering was in Detroit, correct? The reason I remember it was because we made the trip up to Michigan for it. Good times.

Yes the game was played at Comerica, sometime around the 10th inning a giant fireworks show started not far from the park and was visible in CF, Hawk wouldn't shut the hell up about it. Great game.

Pudge's triple was a different game.

In the 8th, Bases were loaded, nobody out, and the bullpen wriggled out of it. Pudge struckout in front of a double play.

Viz got 2 quick outs in the ninth then a couple singles to put the tying run 90 feet from home. Uribe saved him.

Bases were loaded in the 13th as well. Shingo picked up final (and only) win of the season with 2+ innings in extras.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic